With Predator, you can lock and unlock your PC by simply removing or inserting a USB flash drive. You can use any USB stick, the program will generate a security code and place it on the device to identify it as the key. It will then check every few seconds if the drive is still inserted and if it is not, the program will lock your computer. If anyone attempts to access your PC while the USB stick is removed, he will be prompted for a password and, if the correct password is not entered within 20 seconds, an alarm will sound and access is denied. Optionally, Predator will take a picture with your webcam and email it to you. Predator has a built-in scheduler where you define the times of day when each user may use the computer. You can make specific rules for each user and each day of the week. Out of authorized periods you can either lock the desktop, logoff the user or shutdown the computer. PREDATOR logs the access attempt and notifies you the next time you unlock your PC. Unlocking your computer is as simple as inserting the USB key drive, if you happen to lose your USB stick, you can unlock your computer with a password that you specify during setup. Furthermore, Predator frequently changes the security codes recorded on your USB drive, so even if an intruder manages to copy your stick, this copy will not work because the codes on your own stick will have changed in the meantime.
What's new in this version:
- If there are several user accounts in your computer, now you can define different Predator settings for each user.
- When several user sessions are opened simultaneously Predator protects each of them with its own settings.
- Snapshots, email messaging, ftp are easier to configure: new input fields have been added to the Preferences window.
- A built-in scheduler limits the users sessions to the times of day you have selected in a weekly calendar.
- You can define custom co... See all new features »