CNET Editors' review
I'll take "PowerPoint Templates" for $300, Alex. This free template lets PowerPoint users create their own version of the popular quiz show "Jeopardy" by entering their own answers and questions (and, yes, the order is correct, answers first). What is PowerPoint Jeopardy? Correct!
OK, so that was probably one of the easiest "Jeopardy" questions ever, but that's fitting because PowerPoint Jeopardy is easy to set up and use, once you've enabled macros in PowerPoint (instructions are included). You simply enter the categories, answers, and questions in the provided space and click Start Game. It has a timer, a "Jeopardy"-style screen with categories and money, and questions that disappear from the screen when they've been asked, just like on TV. Of course, it wouldn't be "Jeopardy" without Daily Doubles, and you can enable them in PowerPoint Jeopardy, too. You can use PowerPoint Jeopardy to create educational and training programs that make learning fun. PowerPoint Jeopardy works in most existing installations of Microsoft PowerPoint; we tried it in PowerPoint v14x in Office 2010.
PowerPoint Jeopardy's download has separate templates for 32- and 64-bit Office installations, including WAV files for enabling the game's familiar filling-the-board and time's-up sound effects. Opening the template in PowerPoint is as easy as clicking the appropriate Jeopardy Blank file. For most users, the closest thing to Double Jeopardy in setting up PowerPoint Jeopardy might be enabling macros in PowerPoint, which you'll need to do to play the games you create. Not that it's difficult to do, but the process is different in some versions of PowerPoint and involves security settings. PowerPoint Jeopardy's download includes a text file with a Web address you can copy and paste into your browser to access a page of instructions for enabling macros; you can also search PowerPoint's Help file. After that, it's simply a matter of entering your own categories, answers, and questions.
Enabling macros may well be the hardest thing about setting up PowerPoint Jeopardy, but it's easy enough compared to coming up with the right question-and-answer combos! That's your job, though. PowerPoint Jeopardy can handle the production side, from the opening round to Final Jeopardy.
From Mr. Mayers:
Powerpoint Jeopardy is an easy to use Jeopardy program written in Powerpoint. It features custom category listings, a timer, custom question, and answer sections, and it makes the question disappear from the main screen after it has been asked.
What's new in this version: Version 5.1 includes both 32 and 64-bit versions and a quick guide to enabling macros.
More Products to Consider
- Play Jeopardy, the America's Favorite Quiz Show online.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Try to guess what 100 people said when they answered the holida...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Test your trigger finger reflexes on the buzzer, answer challen...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Check out a trivia game designed for teens.
- Ask questions and get instant answers from AnswerDome fast grow...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Update your FAQ in minutes.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Let the Bible show you what it's saying to you.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Answer the questions you type.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Play question-and-answer game similar to Family Feud.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Ask a question and listen as Vox tells you the answer.
- Multimedia, Interactive, Adventure that explores how God saves...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Best I've seen yet but still needs some key features."
Version: Powerpoint Jeopardy 4
-I love the added authentic sounds.
-Well designed, it uses scripts to control the slide show, instead of the more basic way.
-The timer is a nice feature; wish it simulated the timer on the show.
-It doesn't automatically adjust the score. You have to manually type it in, which bogs down the game considerably.
-Hopefully in future updates it will have Daily Doubles, Double Jeopardy, and the Bonus Round.
-Timer doesn't stop after click Back.
I have a lot of tweaking to do to get where I want, but this gave me a good starting point. I'm looking for the real deal and this one has been the closest. PowerPoint isn't the best way to go, doable, but not practical to make a hard core Jeopardy game.
"Category 1 Question 1 timer does not work......"
Version: Powerpoint Jeopardy 2
It'll do in a pinch when there's nothing else.
Jeopardy intro music would be nice.....
Timer needs work.
Author/Programmer needs to come out with version 3.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: