Editors' Note: Download.com has chosen not to provide a direct-download link for this product and offers this page for informational purposes only.
Portuguese PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Portuguese. PiLoc is a common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of Palm OS device resellers. Portuguese PiLoc was introduced on request of palmOne Brazil. For example, all new Treo 600 devices sold in Brazil are bundled with PiLoc Brazilian-Portuguese localization.At the European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS localization technology was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered Up Award in the Productivity Tools category.
Portuguese for Palm OS features:
- System fonts replacement to add Portuguese characters.
- Modified Graffiti layout to write Portuguese letters.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Portuguese letters input.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows using portable keyboards to type in Portuguese.
- Correct Portuguese text search and sorting operations.
- Optional: full translation of Palm OS to Portuguese (all icons, menu, dialogs of built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your device is supported at Portuguese PiLoc Download Wizard.
- Possibility to install and use several localization systems (for example, Portuguese and Greek).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font can be converted to be installed toghether with PiLoc with the special Fonts Compiler utility.
- Portuguese language support launches automatically after system reset. Program is protected from cycling reset.
- Supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
- Open API allows developers to change PiLoc parameters from their applications at run-time.