CNET Editors' review
Likasoft calls Polyglot 3000 an automatic language recognizer, which is an apt description of this specialized tool. It's similar to automatic translators in that it analyzes the language of text entries, but instead of translating the text, it identifies and displays the language, including confidence in the match expressed as a percentage. It handles more than 470 languages.
Polyglot 3000 has a very simple interface and an equally simple operation. It has a text entry field for typing or pasting text to identify, or you can load Unicode or ANSI text files directly into the program. It has but three buttons: Recognize Language, Clear text, and Unicode font. It's very easy to use, though it has a Help file and Web site link for good measure. The tool downloads with several example languages; we selected the Basque file and clicked Recognize language. The program identified the language with recognition accuracy displayed as a percentage and recognition time in fractions of a second. It also listed similar languages. We browsed the Web for language snippets, but even languages like Malay and Irish Gaelic failed to trip up the program. It even correctly identified phonetic and non-standard spellings. While the program occasionally posted a low confidence in the recognition, it never misidentified a language. As to options, we could change the interface's language, color, and font, and select all languages, prominent languages, or just Cyrillic languages as a language set.
Who needs Polyglot 3000? Teachers, translators, editors, managers, academics, and crossword puzzle fans, to name just a few. This compact freeware provides a useful and, to our knowledge, unique service.
Polyglot 3000 is automatic language identifier that can detect the language used in a text, phrase, or even a single word. The program features over 400 languages. Input text files utilize both Unicode and ANSI encodings. Polyglot 3000 features recognize more than 400 languages. It supports Unicode texts and has a nice user interface. It has quick and correct language identification. Recognize language just among popular languages with multilingual interface.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Provide split screen outlining editor with whole or part docume...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Double click for right explanation in English.
- Read and access a Azeri-English, English- Azeri, and Russian-Az...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Correct Spanish texts you write and enrich your vocabulary.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Edit texts with Unicode support, hex edit mode, and HTML charse...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Find each word's frequency in HTML and text files.
- Convert files between more than 100 text encodings and binary f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Translate any text between 48 languages.
- Translate words and phrases with Google translation engine righ...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Count word frequencies in a file or on the clipboard.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Translate from Bulgarian to English and vice versa.
- Write, edit, add images, save, and print your Russian text and ...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Good concept but execution weak"
Version: Polyglot 3000 3.37
good concept with easy to use interface
very large selection of languages
needs a lot of text to find correct language
with a pphrase or sentence often get no or incorrect resuts
"very bad and confused program"
Version: Polyglot 3000 1.9
i donÃ‚?t like this program
confused the languages, example: english in somali itÃ‚?s crazy!!!