CNET Editors' review
PointerStick offers a flexible and incredibly customizable tool that replaces your cursor with a virtual pointer. It can get so big that it takes up almost all of your screen. The application does exactly what you'd expect it to and can be of great assistance for big-screen presentations.
PointerStick downloads an executable file, so you can take it with you wherever you need it. That's handy if you have to do a presentation on a computer that isn't yours. The application turns your cursor into a full-fledged pointer stick. You can change the size, transparency, and design of the stick in plenty of ways. You can actually make it take up an entire cross-section of your screen if you want. However, you can't change the direction the stick points by yourself. It automatically flips and rotates, but it's not as intuitive as you would probably want it to be. There are plenty of different ways to hide and reveal the stick, too, so you don't have to keep opening the application to get rid of it.
If you were to design the perfect pointer program, PointerStick would come very close to what you want. It's chock full of different designs and features that let you create the exact pointer you want. It presents a good solution for users looking for a tool to aid in their lectures and big-screen presentations.
From Nenad Hrg:
PointerStick is a portable tool that presents on the Windows Desktop a virtual pointer stick, for example for Presentations to highlight the current mouse position and the emphasis on presenting will be better. It features very Small Program, low CPU usage, adjustable size of Pointer Stick, several Pointing-Stick textures (bitmaps), optional alpha transparency, and optional deactivation by mouse or keyboard input, optional translation feature, portable, and multilingual.
What's new in this version: Version 2.22 contains small adjustments for Win 8.1 and added Persian languages.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Access all links in the Chrome extensions page.
- Provide a virtual pointer for better presentation.
- Navigate over the Internet with a simple Web browser.
- Use the mouse middle button to pop up the Start menu, minimize ...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Launch system applications and processes via mouse gestures.
- Search and Download any file from torrent.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Open URLs whenever you start Chrome.
- Get a shortcut to shutdown your computer safely.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content