CNET Editors' reviewWhile podcasting has exploded over the past year, a few mysteries remain regarding how would-be broadcasters can actually get their shows in front of people. Podcaster is a program that helps you solve this problem. Once your podcast is created, Podcaster does its job by adding the finishing touches to your masterpiece. You can add information such as links, e-mail contact information, and keywords. The program also supports iTunes Music Store-specific tags for categories, copyright notices, and images. Another nice touch is the Enhanced Podcast feature, which lets you create chapters with specific images and Web links. While not a one-stop podcasting superapp, Podcaster's narrow focus could be an essential asset to both newbies and podcasting veterans.
From Kudlian Soft:
Explained simply, a Podcast is an effective method of publishing recorded talk and music through the internet, in a way that will automatically tell your listeners when your new material is available.
Podcasts can be published either locally to your hard disk, to an iDisk on a .Mac account, or to a web site through an FTP server. It will manage your podcasts publishing and removing files when they are no longer required. It supports specific iTunes Music Store tags such as images, copyright notices, categories and links to web sites.
Podcaster will also create 'enhanced podcasts', these are audio files which contain chapter markers where you can include titles, images and web links.The images in these files can be viewed on an iPod with photo capabilities. Enhanced podcasts can be created from movies, an iMovie project and even from slideshows in iPhoto. Podcaster automatically extracts the audio content in the correct format, with a configurable bit rate to save disk space, and also resizes the images to the correct format. Podcaster is ideal for anyone wishing to create podcasts for broadcasting on the Internet.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Latest from flashcomponents.net widget.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Integrated management suite for image/photo library.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Extends Safari to zoom, edit, create, save & share web images f...
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Bongiovi DPS makes everything sound better! Use DPS to make you...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Found it buggy and hard to use."
Version: Podcaster 0.6
I liked the Mac-like interface. I like having your feeds in a main window easily viewable.
It was difficult to find the FTP settings. Hitting publish just makes the interface blink with no explanation to insert FTP or DotMac settings. I wish it was better connected with m4a files from iTunes so it will pick up my tags I already use and not have to re-enter author and keywords 2 times. While setting up FTP settings, the app crashed unexpectedly.