You miss a text editor able to open, edit and save plain text files? You want special features such as foreground and background colors? Text wrapping and unwrapping? Macintosh, Windows and Unix ends of lines? Spelling checking? Find and replace? Regular expressions? Unlimited number of undo?
Then Plain Text Editor is what you need!
Plain Text Editor allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- It works with any kind of plain text files (text, source code, HTML, ...).
- You can automatically concatenate documents by dropping them on the same window.
- You can open recently opened files.
- You can scroll forward and backward through all opened windows.
- You can reload files from disk at any time.
- It has an unlimited number of undo.
- You can find and replace text, even with regular expressions.
- You can select the default font and default font size of the editor.
- You can select the default foreground color and default background color of the editor.
- You can print your documents.
- You can wrap and unwrap the text in the windows.
- You can swap between Macintosh, Windows and Unix ends of lines.
- You can perform spelling checking in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- You can change the type and the creator of the documents.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian and many other languages.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
What's new in this version:
- A problem when saving the preferences at shutdown has been corrected, because of Mac OS X's non-safe way of quitting the applications at shutdown.
- A problem when checking for an available update has been corrected.