CNET Editors' review
Encrypting files doesn't get any easier than with PixelCryptor, which has the unique approach of using pixel data from selected images to encrypt files and folders.
The professionally designed user interface is extremely easy to navigate. Users are presented with four menu options that are displayed as icons: About, Encode Files, Decode Files, and Help. Clicking the encode button introduced a wizard-like window that walked us through the encryption process. We named our encoded file, added files and folders, selected an image to use for the encryption, and chose a destination for the encrypted file. Users also have the option of deleting the source file once the encryption process is complete, a time-saving step that we appreciated. The encrypted file immediately appeared. Decoding the file was just as easy, and required the original image as the key. Though we don't think most users will even need it, an extensive Help menu is offered to guide you along the way.
Thanks to its ease-of-use, this free encryption program will appeal to those new to file encryption, as well as to more experienced users.
In a world where privacy is getting more important daily, the need for secure data sharing is bigger than ever. PixelCryptor satisfies this need by providing an easy-to-use interface via which you can encrypt and decrypt data using an image only known by the sender and the receiver. PixelCryptor is free to use and is completely based on the Microsoft .NET 2.0 platform. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, and can be ventilated through our forum. Please visit our forum page at codegazer.com for more information.
What's new in this version: Minor Windows 7 improvements and a new setup
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Encrypt shared data using this tool.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your files with encryption.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Hide (encrypt) your secret text in a bitmap image file.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Optimize your HP printer for faster digital photo enhancements ...
- Use 128-bit encryption algorithm to encrypt and decrypt your fi...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Manage and share photos in your existing Web site online.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Encode and decode messages into pictures with this encryption t...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Encrypt and decrypt your images for protection.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Sync, store, and share your photos.
- Hide encrypted text messages in bitmap image files.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Compress, encrypt, and hide files inside image files.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy to use"
Version: PixelCryptor 1.3
You don't have to remember a password, you choose an image in your files and this image is used to crypt your files. To uncrypt them it's the same process.
Nothing wrong to say.
This program is easy to use, you only have to remember which image you use to crypt or uncrypt.