CNET Editors' review
PixFiler is an attractive and easy-to-use program that lets users easily organize their digital images. The program's intuitive interface makes it a breath of fresh air compared with other image management programs.
Everything about PixFiler is easy to figure out. The interface is split into two panes: one for thumbnail previews, and another to view the full-size image. Getting images into the program is simple: users choose the directory they want to import, selecting the entire thing or specific images, and the program loads the images quickly. From there, users can edit image information, including ID number, date, description, and so on. Multiple photo indexes can be created, allowing users to organize sets of images into albums. All of the program's functions are easily accessed through buttons and menus across the top of the screen. The program is definitely only a file management tool; it doesn't contain even the basic photo-editing functions that many such programs have. However, the program does allow users to set a default photo editor, which can be opened from within the program. We also liked how easy it was to create both CDs and Web pages of images. The program's Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, although the program doesn't have any flashy features, it gets high marks from us for being so easy to use.
PixFiler has a 30-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From BR Software:
PixFiler program make catalogue and share your photos. Annotate and categorize your photos, locate and show any photo in seconds, view thumbnails and create insert-and-run CD of selected photos, view EXIF metadata, and automate creation of web-pages. You can print thumbnails, photos, and reports and send pictures as email. Convert and resize your photos and see location on a map.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize your photos, perfect your shots, and share your memori...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and arrange your photos into slide shows.
- Combine your PC and a Webcam into a security system.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create and compress photo albums and interactive slideshows.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, and funny backgrou...
- Browse, archive, and e-mail images with this software.
- Create albums with your digital pictures on CDs.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Copy, organize, and share pictures/movies from digital cameras ...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Resize, enhance, print, and e-mail your digital photos.
- Add frames, borders and filter effects to your digital photos.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best program for image annotation"
Version: PixFiler 4.2.11
The user friendly interface allows fast, easy insertion of dates, places, events and descriptions for each image, with drop down pick lists and copying to next image, etc.