CNET Editors' review
PixFiler is an attractive and easy-to-use program that lets users easily organize their digital images. The program's intuitive interface makes it a breath of fresh air compared with other image management programs.
Everything about PixFiler is easy to figure out. The interface is split into two panes: one for thumbnail previews, and another to view the full-size image. Getting images into the program is simple: users choose the directory they want to import, selecting the entire thing or specific images, and the program loads the images quickly. From there, users can edit image information, including ID number, date, description, and so on. Multiple photo indexes can be created, allowing users to organize sets of images into albums. All of the program's functions are easily accessed through buttons and menus across the top of the screen. The program is definitely only a file management tool; it doesn't contain even the basic photo-editing functions that many such programs have. However, the program does allow users to set a default photo editor, which can be opened from within the program. We also liked how easy it was to create both CDs and Web pages of images. The program's Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, although the program doesn't have any flashy features, it gets high marks from us for being so easy to use.
PixFiler has a 30-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From BR Software:
With a digital camera it's easy to take a lot of photos but it's not so easy to keep track of all the photos you have taken. PixFiler is a quick and simple program that will help you catalogue and share your pictures. Just add your photos to the Photo Index, annotate, and place them into categories. Locate and show any photo in seconds. View your photos by date, place, event, category, and folder/CD using the Navigator View. Create searchable insert-and-run CD of selected photos and send them to friends and relatives. Automates creation of simple web-pages so the whole world can see your photos. Print your photos on your printer. Select 1, 2, or 4 photos on each page or print contact sheets.Copy and convert many image files at once. Resize your photos quickly. Send pictures as email. View EXIF metadata. See location on a map. If you store your photos on CD, PixFiler will keep track of your CDs and tell you which CD to insert. Thumbnails will be stored on your hard disk so you can display thumbnails without having to insert the CD. Powerful features to annotate your photos. Add the same text to many photos in one operation. Import annotations from text files. Export data from PixFiler to use them in other programs. Supports BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF, PCD, PSD, PNG, PCX, TGA, CRW, NEF, RAF and several other graphic file formats (totally 20 formats). Reads RAW format files formore than 100 digital cameras.
What's new in this version:
- added raw file support for many new cameras. Now supports more than 500 cameras.
- improved handling of multiple users accessing the data at the same time.
- some buffixes
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Organize your photos, perfect your shots, and share your memori...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Manage your PC with a combination task manager.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create high quality panoramic photographs and stitch multiple i...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Accelerate the HTML coding process using a Web developer orient...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best program for image annotation"
Version: PixFiler 4.2.11
The user friendly interface allows fast, easy insertion of dates, places, events and descriptions for each image, with drop down pick lists and copying to next image, etc.