CNET Editors' review
There are photo-editing programs available to match every skill set, whether you just need to rotate and resize your images or you have some serious correcting to do. PixBuilder Studio falls somewhere in the middle, with an uncomplicated interface that holds a surprisingly comprehensive set of features. Although PixBuilder Studio isn't going to replace any of the big-name photo-editing programs, it might be just the thing for serious amateurs and even some professionals.
The program's interface is familiar and intuitive, with menus across the top, a toolbar down the left side, and a set of panels down the right. The first thing we noticed about PixBuilder was that it supports the use of layers, an important feature for anyone who's halfway serious about editing images. There are the typical adjustments for brightness and contrast, colors, levels, saturation, and so on, and the effects menu contains familiar favorites like Gaussian blur and sharpening tools. A variety of selection tools and a mask mode made it easy to manipulate specific elements of images, and separate panels for zoom, tools, layers, undo, and channels gave us easy access to a variety of useful tools. The program comes with a well-written Help file that won't teach you everything you need to know about image editing but will explain the basics of what the program can do. Overall, we think that PixBuilder studio is a great choice if you want powerful image-editing features but you don't want to drop a bundle of cash on editing software. This is one of the best free programs we've seen in this genre.
PixBuilder Studio installs and uninstalls without issues.
PixBuilder Studio is a free image editing software program for digital photo editing, images processing, and resizing. This software allows you to use the following color management functions: brightness or contrast management, color balance, and levels. Layers, multi-step undo, gradients and masks support, and text layers make PixBuilder Studio a great image editor and it is absolutely free. For other complex goals, you can use built-in high quality effects, such as blur effect, sharpen effect, and others. By using the web safe palette and save with preview function, you can easily create web graphics in any of the most popular formats that you want: JPEG, GIF, and PNG.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit multiple photos simultaneously.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View, edit, print, and organize your pictures.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Rework your images and photos.
- Edit images with layers, animation, icon editing, batch, stacki...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create pretty compositions of two images.
- Adjust, retouch, and fix your photos in a simple way.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your image files.
- Edit and retouch photos, create images in just a few clicks.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Manage, edit, fix, and zip your digital photos and pictures.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Works OK, but beware of associating image file types."
Version: PixBuilder Studio 2.2
Didn't really suck.
User settings and actions can be quite difficult to undo.
After deleting it (*not* because it was unsatisfactory) I noticed my image file types were still associated with the program. No support from the publisher, WnSoft. I had to go back through Control Panel>Folder Options>Advanced and reset each file type in order to restore the originals. That was a PITA.
"Does a great job for a free program"
Version: PixBuilder Studio 2.2
Free Fast does most of what my old photoshop did.
hard to figure out how to use layers.
A great photo editing program to use for free. Thanks for making it available.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content