CNET Editors' review
We can see how people would either love or hate Picture Resizer. Those with a geeky bent, especially those used to working with command-line parameters, will probably find the program to be innovative and useful. Those who like intuitive interfaces that are easy to understand and navigate will likely take one look at it and then start searching for another program to meet their resizing needs.
There are three ways to use Picture Resizer. Users can drag and drop images onto the program's icon, choose the program from the Windows context menu after selecting the desired images, or access the program via the command line. That all sounds simple enough, especially the first two options. What's unique about Picture Resizer is the way that users adjust its settings; everything is done by renaming the program. Do you want your images to be resized to 400 by 300 pixels? Rename the program as PhotoResize400x300.exe. Do you want the smaller dimension of the image to be 400 pixels? PhotoResize_400.exe. The program's online Help file explains all of this and includes instructions not only for resizing but also for sharpening, changing the compression quality, copying the metadata, and other tasks. The Help file also explains the advanced configuration options that can be accessed using the command line. Overall, we thought that Picture Resizer was an interesting and unique program; we've reviewed a lot of software that resizes images and we've never encountered any that worked quite like this. It can definitely simplify the process of resizing images, especially if you're willing to take the time to get familiar with the way it works.
Picture Resizer requires no installation. We recommend this program to intermediate and advanced users.
From RealWorld Graphics:
Picture Resizer is an easy-to-use utility for batch resizing of JPG pictures and photos. Drag and drop JPG files or folders with JPG files on the application icon and they will be resized and saved next to the originals. Size of the output pictures is controlled by the name of the application. To generate 200 pixels images, simply rename the application to PhotoResize200.exe. The tool is using high-quality resizing method, where color of each pixel is a weighted average of all covered pixels from the original image. Linear interpolation is used when zooming in. The algorithm is optimized to work with gamma-corrected pictures.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 include supports for JPEG arithmetic compression for both decoding and encoding.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Rotate and resize your JPEG and GIF images and photos in batch ...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Resize, compress, crop, edit, and rename photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Resize and convert your images in various formats.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Resize (reduce or enlarge) any single or batches of photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Change the names of multiple files at once.
- Convert and resize batches of your images easily.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Resize image files on your PC.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Resize multiple JPEG images simultaneously.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit, resize, and batch convert your photos.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"please helpp me get rid of this in my pc! :("
Version: Picture Resizer 5.0
one click away and voila!
can't uninstall this thing..
please help me.
"NO UNINSTALL!!! Avoid this program."
Version: Picture Resizer 3.5
Kinda cool. I guess it it had a nice way to modity settings.
No was to modify settings, no way to uninstall. This is a program that should only be used by a person that loves command line programs and editing their registry.
I ended up in regedit for 15 minutes uninstalling this. AVOID THIS PROGRAM!
Version: Picture Resizer 4
This is a very handy software especially for printing purposes and if you want to upload the images.Very user friendly and fast too.
Version: Picture Resizer 4
Easy to use, Click and Drag folder right on top of the sw and VOILA! Done!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content