CNET Editors' review
Pico Technologies manufactures oscilloscopes and other scientific instruments that not only interface with PCs but also interact with them, multiplying their capabilities. PicoScope 6 is their free software suite. It's designed to control the company's devices, combining data acquisition with processing power and storage capacity to create a complete desktop testing and measurement lab in one free application.
PicoScope's installer tries to connect to a supported device, which we lacked. However, the program offers numerous demo modes that simulate various devices and modes, which are accessible through the Connect Device wizard on a list that includes a checkbox option to hide demo or show the demos. The oscilloscope interface's toolbars include both familiar controls like back-and-forth arrows and zoom tools as well as many instrument-specific controls. Right-clicking the main window called up a menu letting us quickly configure Channels, X-Axis, Grid Layout, and other settings. A small lightning bolt icon activates the Auto Setup tool, which automatically configures the best parameters for particular uses. Under the Tools menu, we could configure Custom Probes, Math Channels, Reference Waveforms, and access the program's Preferences. We could also configure Alarms, a very handy feature.
Since we lacked one of Pico's instruments, we couldn't collect and run real-time data through PicoScope 6, nor did we have any other company's oscilloscopes to test PicoScope's compatibility. We were impressed with the freeware's capabilities to manage instruments and data, though, and certainly it serves as a cost-free way for researchers, engineers, technicians, and other potential customers to check out Pico's tech, not to mention for Pico to get its tech checked out.
From Pico Technology:
PicoScope gives you a complete test and measurement lab in one easy-to-use application. With PicoScope and a PicoScope USB Oscilloscope you get an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and signal/waveform generator all in one. With PicoScope's ability to continuously stream data you can even use your oscilloscope for data acquisition. Oscilloscope--turn your PC into a powerful oscilloscope. XY oscilloscope--plot one channel again another. Digital persistence--spot glitches the easy way. Math channels--invert, add, subtract, multiply, and divide channels, or create your own functions.
What's new in this version: Version 6.6.57 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- View and use oscilloscope GUI library for data simulation, debu...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Turn your PC into a dual-trace storage oscilloscope and spectru...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Show the frequency spectrum of an audio signal at 12th, 6th, 3r...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Display and update output of TDS298 without pressing F5 key at ...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Turn your computer to an interactive physics laboratory.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Turn your computer into a basic oscilloscope to measure analog ...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Analyze circuits, draw graphs, and verify circuit related equat...
- Learn hoq to use voltmeters and oscilloscopes to test power sup...
- Create and simulate logic circuits.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Transform your PC into a multi-channel oscilloscope utilizing t...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Get a free periodic table with extensive information on chemica...
- Update Meas.txt that combines outputs of DSO/MCU and exact PC c...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"(RH/RS) Nemojte skidat, samo gubite vrijeme"
Version: PicoScope 6.6.57
Pa ovako,ono sto sam vidio u demo verziji je zaista velik broj opcija i testova koje ovaj drajver, a ne program, nudi.
Ja neznam zasto ovaj drajver toliko hvale na CNET-u, kao prvo nije program nego drajver, kao drugo nije besplatan uopce i kao trece mozete se samo igrat u demo verziji u kojoj simulirate ispitivanje nekog virtualnog racunala.
O cemu se zapravo radi, nakon instalacije i pokretanja "program" vam ne ucitava niti jedan hardverski dio racunala nego vam nudi opciju "demo". U toj opciji vi zapravo simulirate testiranje nekog racunala koje nema veze s vasim.
Ako pak zelite da program testira vase racunalo morate kupit hardverski dio "PicoScopa" koji kosta od 120€ do 7254€, pa sad vi sami procjenite koliko je ovaj drajver besplatan i koristan. Osim ako vas ne zabavlja testiranje izmisljenog racunala bez minimalno 120€ od ovog drajvera necete dobit nista vise.
Ovaj "program" je trebao bit smjesten pod drajvere, neznam zasto ga je CNET smjestio u ovu skupinu.Cijene su izrazene u Eurima, znaci 120 do 7254 Eura
Updated on Feb 26, 2014
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content