CNET Editors' review
Pico Technologies manufactures oscilloscopes and other scientific instruments that not only interface with PCs but also interact with them, multiplying their capabilities. PicoScope 6 is their free software suite. It's designed to control the company's devices, combining data acquisition with processing power and storage capacity to create a complete desktop testing and measurement lab in one free application.
PicoScope's installer tries to connect to a supported device, which we lacked. However, the program offers numerous demo modes that simulate various devices and modes, which are accessible through the Connect Device wizard on a list that includes a checkbox option to hide demo or show the demos. The oscilloscope interface's toolbars include both familiar controls like back-and-forth arrows and zoom tools as well as many instrument-specific controls. Right-clicking the main window called up a menu letting us quickly configure Channels, X-Axis, Grid Layout, and other settings. A small lightning bolt icon activates the Auto Setup tool, which automatically configures the best parameters for particular uses. Under the Tools menu, we could configure Custom Probes, Math Channels, Reference Waveforms, and access the program's Preferences. We could also configure Alarms, a very handy feature.
Since we lacked one of Pico's instruments, we couldn't collect and run real-time data through PicoScope 6, nor did we have any other company's oscilloscopes to test PicoScope's compatibility. We were impressed with the freeware's capabilities to manage instruments and data, though, and certainly it serves as a cost-free way for researchers, engineers, technicians, and other potential customers to check out Pico's tech, not to mention for Pico to get its tech checked out.
From Pico Technology:
PicoScope gives you a complete test and measurement lab in one easy-to-use application. With PicoScope and a PicoScope USB Oscilloscope you get an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and signal/waveform generator all in one. With PicoScope's ability to continuously stream data you can even use your oscilloscope for data acquisition. Oscilloscope--turn your PC into a powerful oscilloscope. XY oscilloscope--plot one channel again another. Digital persistence--spot glitches the easy way. Math channels--invert, add, subtract, multiply, and divide channels, or create your own functions.
What's new in this version: Version 6.6.57 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your computer to an interactive physics laboratory.
- Create and simulate logic circuits.
- View and use oscilloscope GUI library for data simulation, debu...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Turn your PC into a dual-trace storage oscilloscope and spectru...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Perform science calculations with a variety of tools, reference...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Learn how to test transistor, diode and amplifier circuits.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Get a collection of programs simulating physical phenomena.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content