CNET Editors' review
If you do any kind of digital art or design, we can't think of a reason you wouldn't want to have PicPick as your sidekick. This handy set of tools can handle many small yet important design-related tasks without the hassle of opening a full-blown design program.
PicPick has an attractive, no-nonsense interface that lists all of its features up front. And what a list it is; PicPick's capabilities include a variety of screen capture options, a color picker, a color palette, a magnifier, a pixel ruler, a crosshair, a protractor, and a whiteboard. The program also comes with a basic image editor that can handle tasks such as cropping, resizing, and rotating, as well as a applying a handful of special effects. PicPick's features aren't especially unique, but the fact that they're all bundled together in such a sleek, easy-to-access package makes this program a must-have. We were especially fond of the whiteboard feature, which lets users draw, marker-style, on their existing desktop or on a blank canvas. The options for screen captures are also impressive; users can select full-screen captures, particular windows or regions, fixed regions, freehand areas, and even scrolling windows. The program comes with an online Help file, but most users probably won't need to consult it, as the program's tools are all quite straightforward. Overall, we were impressed PicPick's usefulness and attractiveness, and we recommend it highly.
PicPick installs and uninstalls without issues.PicPick - Capture and edit images - Download Video Previews:
PicPick features for creating your image, suitable for software developers, graphic designers and home users. It provides full-featured screen capture tool, intuitive image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, cross-hair, and whiteboard. PicPick includes everything regarding graphic design, so it will save not only your disk space but also working time and money.
What's new in this version: Version 3.2.4 added Output "Send to Skype" and fixed issues with Ruler location on dual environment and Capture Bar location.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit images and photos using a variety of tools.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your image files.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, and funny backgrou...
- Add professional annotations to images, pictures, and screen ca...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Secretly capture screenshots and record keystrokes with this pr...
- Capture the whole Web page to JPEG.
- Modify and convert images into various formats.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Turn your picture into beautiful video.
- Capture screenshots on your PC screen.
- Edit images and digital photos with high quality effects.
- Capture or copy a Web page or its part.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 102 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"One of the most useful tools in my tray! And it's FREE!"
Version: PicPick 3.2.4
Click on the tray icon and use the popup menu, or define your own shortcut keys to quickly capture any portion of your screen, then if you want edit the image directly in PicPick, before saving it in whatever format you choose. You can insert the saved image directly or as an attachment in an email or any document of your choice. Great for use with Evernote and has all the basic picture editing tools you usually need, but if you ever need more sophisticated tools just save the image first and use your favorite photo editor.
None that I have experienced.
"Easy to use screen or area grabber"
Version: PicPick 3.2.4
Fast and has a built in editor
Editor limitations. There is unnecessary software if you don't pay attention to the installation process.
This free application is far superior to the Snipping tool provided by Win7.
"It does it all!"
Version: PicPick 3.2.4
Free! Love how you can do a screen capture then immediately edit it with ease. Also really like the Whiteboard feature - do that in a web meeting when people are looking at your screen and they'll be amazed!
Be careful when installing - it tries to trick you to installing other crap software. Read carefully and unselect the checkboxes.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content