PianoRollComposer uses the standard treble and bass clef staffs. Notes are displayed in the piano roll format, so it shows music with absolute accuracy. Notes are entered directly on the staffs, and you can edit each note to give it the exact characteristics you want. You can input and edit any of 128 MIDI instruments and 61 percussion instruments. If you have a MIDI keyboard, you can play and record any instrument with it. A composition can contain music from all instruments and all percussion instruments. The music created with it can be played by any MIDI player, and can be shown in standard music notation. PianoRollComposer can play and display any MIDI music, and it can act as a VST plugin host.
What's new in this version: Version 2.51 shows your voice pitch on staffs when recording with a mic.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Compose a chord sequence and apply styles to make a professiona...
- Record and edit multitrack MIDI and digital audio.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Play, edit, and create your own MIDI files.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Find music easily on the Internet and create interactive, print...
- Focus on writing music not searching through menus and features...
- Find and convert MIDI files to sheet music and watch the notes ...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create and record your own songs without possessing musical kno...
- Write and edit music with comprehensive, integrated composition...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Notate, print, practice, and play midi sheet music.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Create and record your own songs without playing an instrument.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play great blues solos, change tempo, and learn how to use lick...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Sing along with this karaoke player.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"A nice free start to making music on PC."
Version: PianoRollComposer 2.45
It's free and it works well. It's totally free and it works out of the box. Very impressive. I have also downloaded SimplePiano from the same programmer, good stuff. Thank you for making these programs and giving them away for free.
Like all programs it takes a bit of getting used to. Being musical would also make the program a little easier to use. The creator of this program should however ignore the cons, it's a great piece of programming.
I look forward to using a MIDI keyboard with this program.
"wow, one of the best programs i have ever used"
Version: PianoRollComposer 1.99
easy to use, a lot of instruments
i am so pathetic in music
i can make any rythm i wish, the end is in my head
"Great way to get started composing & playing with music"
Version: PianoRollComposer 1.99
* It's pretty good and it's completely FREE!!!
* Allows you to visually compose and modify music without needing to know how to actually read music notation
* Supports dozens of instrument types
* Supports chords, note display, transpose, etc.
* This program has some quirks and unfortunately requires reading the help file to really understand all of its capabilities
* Doesn't support editing/saving changes to midi files not created by this program (Though you can open and play them)
This program is pretty neat, and has some serious potential. Looking forward to more features and some bug fixes
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: