CNET Editors' reviewEven though this program lacks the high-end effects and filters found in full-blown imaged-editing packages, it provides a nice set of tools for sprucing up pictures. PhotoCleaner Professional's design likely will be old hat to folks who have used this type of application before. We're glad to say controls for accessing most major editing functions are prominently displayed, and we like that the image-viewing window is large. Although you'll find the standard assortment of cropping, rotating, resizing, and zooming tools, the sliders for adjusting color levels, saturation, noise, shadows, and sharpness will have the most dramatic effect on a flawed photo's appearance. Once you have all the levels set, you can quickly switch to the Result tab to preview your edits before applying them. The third tab offers tools for enhancing photos in batch mode and building photo albums using a variety of built-in design templates. As a bonus, PhotoCleaner Professional lets you add captions and basic frames to your shots. This app is likely too basic for professional design work, but most casual shutterbugs will find it a valuable addition.
From Digital Dozen:
PhotoCleaner delivers professional-looking digital pictures without too much time and money. It is practically a one-click tool: just load the picture, rotate, crop, fix red-eye, and click the Enhance button. The picture will be resized and rotated, colors and brightness will be adjusted, noise will be removed and the contrast corrected, and frames and titles will be added. PhotoCleaner allows you to adjust the enhancement settings for your camera or turn some steps off. The Professional version lets you enhance many pictures at once.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Digital image enhancement tool.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit and add dream effects to your digital photos.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Cut small parts of any MP3 song.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"What does it do again?"
Version: PhotoCleaner Professional 3.0
Free for 30 days, better than MS Paint I suppose.
Very few options to mess with here, and what you do have doesn't do much. I can honestly say the few pictures I tried to enhance ended up looking worse than the original.