CNET Editors' review
BraveTech's PhotoBuilder Platinum v7.4 is a fairly basic image-editing application that's a bit awkward compared to the many other graphics packages out there. Its colorful but primitive interface is definitely a step back in design, compared to the latest tools. It offers the usual image editing functions, tools, filters, and effects like the ability to smoothly merge images together, but not much more.
The program opens with a nag screen that tracks the trial period. Like most of PhotoBuilder's documentation, it's written in awkward English that suggests a translation. The interface itself is colorful but garish and somewhat primitive, with text-labeled buttons on the right-hand side activating an unintuitive mishmash of basic controls, everything from Frame, which offers a selection of rather elaborate frames in Asian-style "Art," "Cartoon," and "Festival" (i.e., holiday) themes, to Cookies, which are actually colorful ready-made objects that can be added to images. The program does offer a fully indexed, searchable, and well-illustrated Windows-style Help file, albeit with the same limited English found throughout. For instance, the pen control's dialog asked if we wanted to draw in the current image or open a new image, yes or no! The pen tools worked well, though.
PhotoBuilder Platinum is free to try for 30 days. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves program files behind when it's uninstalled. There are lots of good image-editing tools out there, some of them free, which gives PhotoBuilder some stiff competition. It does its job well enough, though, and it's worth a try.
Photo Builder is an efficient tool for image editing, merging, processing, designing. You can draw on panel with magic pen, you can add art text with 40 kinds of transform. Photo Builder can smoothly blend two or more pieces of images together. Photo Builder has 8 kinds of magic pen to draw, you can draw with color pen, image pen, kalei pen, you can also clone some area with clone pen, gradient filling with semiconductor.
More Products to Consider
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Organize, edit, enhance, share, and archive your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Crop unneeded white parts of scanned images.
- Edit your images easily.
- Create photo collages with various effects.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Prepare your photos before printing or publishing.
- Edit and add dream effects to your digital photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Manage and edit your images.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Explore new creative options to produce high-quality images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- View and edit your images.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Add frames, borders and filter effects to your digital photos.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1