From Colourful Apps:
Photo Desktop allows you to put photos on your desktop, instead of having to choose one photo to use as your wallpaper, you can now add as many little pictures to your desktop as you want.
Photo Desktop 2 adds too much to the previous version to describe, below you'll find a summary of some of the more significant changes and additions.
- With Photo Desktop 2 you're no longer bound to a single composition, with an unlimited amount of photosets you can create different desktops for different moments.
- Use Smart photosets to let Photo Desktop create and update Photosets for you, based on a folder you point out or on the iPhoto album of your choice.
- Use the changer the automatically switch between different photosets. You can also use the changer to shuffle the Photosets, including Smart photosets, so your Desktop will never look the same.
- Photo Desktop 2 now comes with built-in iSight support. Allow you to create photos in the PhotoChooser simply as one of the many photo collections you have.
- Use the snapshot feature to instantly create a photo using your iSight camera and add it to your desktop.
- Also new is the Photo Desktop Spy, the Spy can automatically create snapshots and add them to your current desktop or a designated other photoset.
- Photo Desktop 2 is built utilizing Apple's Core-Image technology. For Photo Desktop 2 this means that your resulting Desktop will have a far greater quality than before. Also this means that fun effects could be added to the Editor.
- With a new engine powering Photo Desktop 2, a screensaver has been added to complete the Photo Desktop package. The Photo Desktop Saver makes your desktop come to live by animating the photos off your current photoset.
- Utilizing your videocards power also enables the 'Live-updates' feature, when turned on your Desktop gets updated instantly without the delay you saw in Photo Desktop 1.
Photo Desktop 2 add many other functions to further customize your photos. The photo info panel has been extended with frame-shape, shadow, effect and additional options.
What's new in this version:
- Adds Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) support
- Further improves Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Fixes an instability issue, where the Photochooser wouldn't open or Smart Photosets didn't work.
- Fixes iPhoto '11 compatibility issues
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Link to a varied collection of more than 4700 free desktop pict...
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Open an interactive book with a colorful cartoon background.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Maintain as many as 16 virtual workspaces at one time in Mac OS...
- Create Flash-powered slide shows or photogalleries.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Take part in a trip around Madrid via screensaver.
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Recover lost, deleted, or corrupt images, files, and multimedia...
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Restore original colors of your digital photos or scanned films...
- Emulate classic old world engraving and woodcut techniques in A...
- Get the latest Mac OS printer driver from Epson to fix bugs and...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Upload and manage photos.