CNET Editors' review
Monitoring and trading stocks from the comfort of home just got easier with this easy-to-use app.
Personal Stock Monitor Gold launches a familiar, e-mail-client-like interface. Navigating the app's features is easy to master, thanks to the category tabs, and the tutorials built into the Help feature are well illustrated, nicely detailed, and great for introducing the app and its processes to novices. We were very pleased with the feature set for this package: the news feeds and active securities monitoring are very handy for keeping an eye on specific stocks and being alerted to items you haven't been aware of. Further, these features meant we didn't have to go from browsing news pages online and back to our investing software. This app performed nicely during our tests, allowing us to set up a portfolio and a watch list of securities with no difficulty at all--the designers clearly planned well as they compiled this app for stay-at-home investors. For example, we particularly like that Personal Stock Monitor Gold includes handy tools like a currency converter, transaction register, tickers, and order history. We also were pleased that the app provides users with a number of view options to allow a more fully rounded perspective of a security and to optimize your info load as you prepare to sell or buy.
The trial limit is generous for anyone serious about tracking and monitoring securities. The price may be steep for some investors, but it will be sweet for others. It's worth checking out.
From DTLink Software:
Personal Stock Monitor Gold enables the active investor to quickly research and trade stock market securities including stocks, bonds, ETFs, options and mutual funds within the privacy of a personal desktop Windows application.Personal Stock Monitor Gold can monitor securities from most major markets worldwide.
More Products to Consider
- Track and analyze your investments and the markets.
- Get real time streaming quotes and charts, with technical analy...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- View regular Indian stock exchange updates.
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Track your investments through online on your Windows PC.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Watch stock information scroll across your screen.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Track up to 4 lots of stock options, equity options, or securit...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Display Intraday charts, quotes, alerts and monitoring of stock...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Very nice program"
Version: Personal Stock Monitor Gold 9.3.3
Excellent historical charts, easy to use, fast to set up.
Some indicators fall apart if they're placed on top of the chart. If an indicator acts up, simply move it below the main chart and it'll fix itself.
Once you have your chart set up, you can use it on all your stocks in all your portfolios. Very fast access to data and fast chart drawing.
One of the fastest programs I've used.
"Not bad at all"
Version: Personal Stock Monitor Gold 9.2.3
30 day trial, reasonable price. Learning curve not too steep. PSMG works with Yahoo free data. Nice interface, works with London markets & all main exchanges. Active forum, creators respond quickly, update soft regularly,try to include user requests.
Couldn't find an LSE symbol list so rather laborously have adapted another one whcih meant a few hours work. Now up and running but it does not seem to import more than the odd P/E ratio. Depends if you like to analyse fundamentals I guess.
Did I say it was cheap! Novices should look at JStock or FCharts SE which are free, but on the whole I recommend this as many other commercial offerings are very expnsive and some you cannot purchase outright but have a monthly/annual fee - I would rather invest my money more productively!
"Personal Stock Monitor Gold Meets Expectations and Then Some"
Version: Personal Stock Monitor Gold 6.0.3 build 268
This would meet the needs of 99% investors and brokers. Excellent Program for watching the stock market.
Excellent Program for monitoring and Analyzing your stocks.
I'm not a stock market freak but it seems to be missing some add-on services. It could use some better built-in reports as well. It is nice though that you can export data to other programs for anaylsis but would be better if it was built-in.