PeaZip is a free ZIP files utility and free RAR extractor, a fast and elegant all-purpose file manager and archive manager tool for Windows, Linux, and BSD. The program features a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform. PeaZip is based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (FreeARC, PAQ, UPX) for supporting additional file formats and features, for a total of over 150 file formats supported. Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files Open and extract RAR, ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RPM, UDF, ZIPX files and more... PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (150+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion). The distinctive trait of PeaZip is the innovative and easy to use compression/extraction interface, more similar to CD burners interfaces rather than to a classic file compressor: this design makes extremely simple to check/update items set for compression and extraction, integrating a full featured file manager component. Also, tasks created in the GUI can be easily saved and scheduled as batch scripts, in order to help automate backup/restore operations, or for fine tuning, or for learning purpose, bridging the gap between the ease of use of GUI applications and power and flexibility of console.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for scanning with Windows Defender.
- Information column, when browsing files, shows a note about file types which can be handled through PeaZip.
- Improved links to online resources.
- While operating, Pause button is highlighted instead of Stop by default, to prevent unaware click canceling running tasks.
- Fixed extraction to new folder from application's drag and drop context menu.
- New installation mode: "Update only" in... See all new features »