Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. While more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other. The application interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click Convert button on the toolbar.
At default settings, the application converts files using Xvid video encoder and MP3 audio encoder, and automatically selects all the encoding parameters so as to preserve the original video and audio quality. Most portable and fixed players should have no problems playing AVI files created with these settings.
What's new in this version:
- From now the program is also available in a 64-bit version.
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- New action: Uncheck selected files.
- The default video encoder was changed from H.264 to Xvid, which is more "native" to AVI files.
- Added support for Swedish language.
- Support for Windows XP was dropped. Windows Vista or later is required.