CNET Editors' review
Cutting and pasting text is a pretty utilitarian task, but did you know it can also be a form of social networking? Pastebin is a Web site that allows users to store copied text online both for their own future use and, optionally, for others to view. Users can even follow each other and view a running stream of pastes from their friends. Pastebin Desktop is a program that lets users upload text directly to Pastebin without going to the Web site. If Pastebin is something that you make frequent use of, the desktop application is a handy thing to have around.
Registration on Pastebin is required in order to use the program, and once we took care of that, using Pastebin Desktop was easy. The program hangs out as an icon in your system tray until you're ready to use it. We clicked on the icon and a simple interface appeared with a large text box for our paste. We pasted our text, clicked Submit, and the program uploaded our text to Pastebin, where we were able to retrieve it with its own unique URL. A settings menu allows users to specify how long they want their paste to stay on the site, whether it's public or private, and the type of link they'd like for the paste (normal, raw, embed, or download). Since one of Pastebin's primary purposes is to handle large chunks of code, it also offers syntax highlighting for a huge number of programming languages. Overall, we liked Pastebin Desktop quite a bit; it was easy to use and could be a major time-saver for those who access Pastebin frequently.
Pastebin Desktop installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls politely. We recommend this program to all users.
This is the official Pastebin Desktop application for Windows based computers. With this application installed you are able to take full advantage of your Pastebin.com account directly from your Windows desktop. You will get a small icon in your system tray which will be your access to the full application. You are able to set customized shortcuts which will automatically create a new paste of the text that is stored in your clipboard. This way you never have to lose a code snippet again. This application is totally free and will always remain free.
What's new in this version: Bug fixes. Drag 'n Drop feature.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Download and change your desktop wallpaper.
- Keep your favorite apps, control panel, websites, files and fol...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Send texts, images, videos, and documents to other applications...
- Capture and print out anything on PC screen via hotkeys.
- View and edit text in a SCIntilla based text editor.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Get transparent menus on your desktop.
- Simplify migration, management, and deployment of IIS Web serve...
- Copy a color value from your desktop.
- Revive your Start Menu in Windows 8.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Chat with friends on MSN, Facebook, Yahoo, MySpace, AIM or ICQ,...
- Organize shortcuts and open files, folders, and applications ea...
- Stick your notes on desktop to read them at any time.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Capture and analyze the traffic and protocols running on a comp...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Don't waste your time (Like I did)"
Version: Pastebin Desktop 1.1
Nothing at all
Firstly, its not a multi clip program.
Secondly, whatever it is, it don't work!
After you install it, it tries to connect to the internet then tells you that you don't have an internet connection
"Great little tool!"
Version: Pastebin Desktop 1.1
With this app in your systray you can paste directly what you have in your clipboard.
So far I haven't found anything bad just yet.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content