CNET Editors' review
Passwords Max is a password manager that lets you store, e-mail, and create passwords. But its unattractive and confusing user interface made it a pain to operate.
Blurry, hard-to-see command icons lined the top of the window. On the left side were three expandable menu options: Manage Passwords, Interaction, and List Options. Even the subcategories for each option were vague. Not sure where to go first, we clicked on the wizard feature. Usually, wizards are supposed to automate the process and make it easier, but we were left confused by this wizard's unintuitive instructions. And once we got through the wizard, our inputted information never appeared. Finally, after clicking on the Select Active Users button, we were able to locate our password information. Double-clicking on the entry opened another facet to the interface, which let us see our info and add any notes, credit card numbers, or password expiration dates.
Vista users will not be able to access the Help file because it uses Windows Help format. This program's design lacked any rhyme or reason, and we suggest you look for a more intuitive program to manage your passwords.
From Author Direct:
Passwords Max is a password management program that stores your passwords and other sensitive information securely with your choice of six encryption methods. Passwords can be generated using several methods including DoD-compliant logic. Information is sent automatically to other applications and/or directly to Web sites through the integrated secure internet browser. Other features include professional reporting, multiple sort and search options, file encryption, and password expiration management. Web server and corporate modules available.
More Products to Consider
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Secure and manage your passwords and credit cards.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Show a PC audit in your browser with details on hardware and so...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Configure and manage partitions of your hard drive.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Update your Garmin GPS software online.
- Generate random and difficult to crack passwords.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- View geographical data from GPS devices.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Works great, fantastic customer service from the author"
Version: Passwords Max 5.87.5851
Used for years, does what it's supposed to do smoothly and easily. I've had no technical issues and the product is regularly updated.
I did have occasion to reach out to the developer twice.. once with a question, once with a payment issues. Both times I got immediate responses resolving the issues. Can't ask for more.
None I can think of except.
If you are on windows and want a p/w manager, which you probably do, just get this. You'll be happy.
"Still a great password program"
Version: Passwords Max 5.81.5811
Been using Password Max for years. It faster now and still keeping my passwords safe! It allows you to export all your data in several formats in case you need to copy or move your data. No data is trap within the program like some programs.
No Cons for me.
Password Max is just a great password program.
"Great password program!"
Version: Passwords Max 5.49.5483
1 The ability to export the password data out to several different format.
2 Always getting better! Used it for many years.
3 Works on a USB drive.
4 Backup files to a Zip file.
5 Non-Big Brother licensing system.
Interface is confusing until you understand it.
Password Max is a great password program to keep your data. It will export the data to several format so the data is not locked in it. There is NO Big-Brother licensing process in it.
"Does what I want, easy. Better than Norton's password manager by far."
Version: Passwords Max 4.29
I tried a couple of different products, but this was the easiest to use. It also does a couple of cool things like automatically fills in fields on my web browser. You might think that's no big deal since the web browser already does that but a friend of mine had his computer stolen and they used the saved info in his web browser to access his bank account. Not good. I told him to buy Passwords Max. He loves it and if his computer is ever stolen again, at least they won't get his passwords!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: