CNET Editors' review
PassGen for Mac does one thing and does it well: It generates an unlimited number of custom passwords. The app comes with plenty of options, all of them packed in a tidy, accessible interface, making it worth checking out. Don't expect it to be perfect, though.
PassGen for Mac has a plain, almost unattractive interface, but then security apps are rarely stylish, so we can't complain too much. However, the app impresses with its many password customization options. You can choose the number of passwords to be generated, the number of characters in passwords, and even which characters to include and which to exclude. After selecting the appropriate options and selecting a location where to save our file, it just took a quick click of the "Generate" button to set things in motion. The application successfully managed to export our file to a designated location in a TXT format. The app is bug-free and works smoothly.
If you have a hard time coming up with strong passwords, you will like PassGen for Mac. It's a nice, little app that does what it promises. The interface is not much to look at, but then it doesn't have to be. As long as the passwords are fine, all is well.
From ACT Productions:
A specialized utility for random password generation.
This application can generate an unlimitted number of passwords according to the user's specifications. You can define the total number of passwords and the number of characters per password. You can also choose which characters to include and what character to use as separator.
If you intend to generate a ridiculously big number of passwords, or if your computer is just running low on memory, you have the option to split generated passwords into multiple files. Each file has the number of passwords you define - PassGen will create as many files as needed.
The application was specifically designed for generating passwords, but it can be used for the creation of any kind of random text or number.
- Quick generation of any number of passwords
- Easy customization of password type
- Ability to split into multiple files for low memory footprint
Any comments and suggestions, don't hesitate: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Our free Antivirus for Mac keeps you safe from all the latest M...
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Recover your stolen Mac.
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Strongly encrypt important data and personal info.
- Fight malware that threaten your security on your Mac and iPhon...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Manage your passwords in a cloud storage-friendly, secure forma...
- (widget edition) random password generator.
- Random password generator.
- Lock and unlock your Mac account by using your face and track y...
- Generate good, secure passwords.
- Sign, verify, encrypt and decrypt files and email.
- Keeping your files private couldn't be any easier.