CNET Editors' reviewThis onscreen keyboard assists in effortless typing and browsing, but doesn't allow modifications and takes some getting used to. Palm Pad's unique structure and keyboard buttons are cool. We're quite awed at how we can type and browse the Internet by simply hovering the mouse over the simulated keys the application places onscreen. In our tests, Palm Pad quickly responded as the pointer rested on the key of choice. Still, we aren't too pleased that the keyboard layout, reaction time for selecting keys, and size and onscreen positioning of the keyboard can't be configured. Though Palm Pad's keys are contiguous, it's not the standard keyboard layout. The unique design definitely requires some acclimation, certainly not a good thing considering its stingy 10-use trial restriction. Despite the negatives, those suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome or just about anyone who can't or doesn't want to deal with a keyboard may find Palm Pad beneficial.
From SWJ Soft:
The innovative on screen keyboard has opened a new way of input to the PC world. The Palm Pad provides the users to input text and control their text editor or a Web browser with ease of one hand access even without a single click of the mouse. Users can move the mouse pointer over the keys and they can type the key to the active window. All the necessary keys in a standard keyboard are available at the shortest reach of your mouse. No more typing, no more clicks, no more pain in your hands. Reduce your stress and increase your concentration. Type while you eat. Type a Web address or navigate a page. Edit your documents single handedly. You can do all these with a bun in your hand. Beeps different sounds when a key is activated. No need for speakers to hear the beep.
Version 2.0 includes tab keys support to browse Web easily.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Enable different keystroke beeps for different keyboard layouts...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Learn to type with dynamic patented lesson system.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Enhance the functionality of your Microsoft keyboard.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Edit XML files and choose tags from drop-down lists instead of ...
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Organize your notes and choose shortcuts for each note.
- Let small children type words and listen to the computer's voic...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Learn and improve your typing speed in Arabic.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Evaluate typing performance by doing suggested improvement exer...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Increase your typing speed.
- Learn to type while playing games.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Increase your typing speed by making your computer automaticall...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent Software For A Change"
Version: Palm Pad 1
The software creates a new interest for those who used to type by hand or browse Internet more often. This is definitely different from those old type on screen keyboards. Nice crystal design pleases the eyes and the special Mouse-over typing technique impressed me. Whenever I'm lazy to type this really helps. I believe if I use Palm Pad more often I can improve on my speed of mouse typing. I recommend this mostly to All but it's also Good for small kids and very old people too.
In the begining I couldn't type faster.I beleive I can improve on it.