Pacifist is an application for Mac OS X that opens up .pkg installer packages, .dmg disk images, .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .pax, and .xar archives, and more, and lets you install individual files out of them. This is useful if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package (for example, if you deleted your Preview application and need to reinstall it, but not the whole operating system), if you experience bugs in Installer.app that mess up your symbolic links, or if you just like a little more control over the installation process. Pacifist can open some archive formats over HTTP, in case you want to download only one file from a large .zip archive without downloading the whole file. Finally, Pacifist can examine the kernel extensions installed in your system to let you see what installer installed them, and whether the installer was made by Apple or a third-party.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a few crashing bugs
- Fixed a few minor bugs that could cause some packages not to load properly
- Fixed a bug that could cause RTFD files not to be viewable
- Other minor bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- HFS+ file & fork defragmenting utility.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Online backup using Amazon S3.
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Maintain, repair, and recover system disk/drive data.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Professional all-in-one maintenance tool.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Synchronize and back up your files/folders.
- Clone, synchronize, backup files.
- Browse/convert Yamaha A-series samples to AIFF.
- Search for, uninstall applications and more.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 54 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Pacifist 3.0.9
Finally, an application that easily does what I've been trying to do for years!
Do I purchase Pacifist, or eat?
Every once in a while, an application/utility comes along that easily accomplishes something I've been hoping/trying/wanting to do for a long time, and Pacifist is surely one of these.
I have not explored the results yet, but the facility of extracting material from various installs is fantastic, and the interface is simple enough that even I can use it!
$20 for something I don't expect to use very often is a bit steep, but if I use Pacifist more than once, it's worth it to alleviate a pile of frustrations with a few clicks.
Pacifist has pacified me!
"Great to fix programs, Example iTunes 11"
Version: Pacifist 3.0.9
Very quick to install and seems to fix issues associated with other programs and allows you in some cases to go back to a older version and some times a better version of a program that you were used to using. Example: iTunes 11
Not sure how it works is my only complaint.
Over all great easy way to fix various installations of newer and older products that don't seem to be working correctly. My advise is to turn off Automatic updates so this doesn't become more of an issue! A++++ Admin Tool!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content