Pacifist is an application for Mac OS X that opens up .pkg installer packages, .dmg disk images, .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .pax, and .xar archives, and more, and lets you install individual files out of them. This is useful if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package (for example, if you deleted your Preview application and need to reinstall it, but not the whole operating system), if you experience bugs in Installer.app that mess up your symbolic links, or if you just like a little more control over the installation process. Pacifist can open some archive formats over HTTP, in case you want to download only one file from a large .zip archive without downloading the whole file. Finally, Pacifist can examine the kernel extensions installed in your system to let you see what installer installed them, and whether the installer was made by Apple or a third-party.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for XIP archives
- “Extract Subpackages…” now works on disk images containing packages
- Fixed a bug that could cause ZIP archives to fail to read in some circumstances
- Fixed a bug that caused bare .bom files not to open correctly
- Improved the speed of loading Sof...
See all new features »