PGPfreeware builds on the heritage of PGP, which was originally released as freeware and today has millions of users worldwide. This new program is designed for individuals and is for noncommercial use only. Features include PGPtray, a Clipboard encryption system that is accessible from the system tray; seamless integration with Qualcomm's Eudora email plug-in for Microsoft Outlook/Exchange; a Windows Explorer context menu for direct access to all PGP functions; secure file wiping; and recipient groups for easy encryption to multiple recipients.
What's new in this version: This release corrects a security-related bug with Additional Decryption Keys (ADKs) that may allow sophisticated attackers to add unauthorized ADK key IDs to the unhashed areas of PGP public keys. New features include PGPnet to secure all TCP/IP communications between the local machine and any other machine running PGPnet. You can also encrypt files or folders into Self-Decrypting Archives (SDAs) that are usable for those without PGP, and do much more.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Encrypt e-mails, files, folders and USB flash drives.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Encrypt your personal information to protect your privacy.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Create password protected encrypted files, email attachments an...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your privacy and your confidential documents with OpenP...
- Encrypt and digitally sign your files, e-mails, and clipboard.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Encrypt your ICQ messages with this privacy utility.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Put password locks on your programs and protect them.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Strip personal information and GPS data from all your photos wi...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Remove traces of your Internet activity and other sensitive dat...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Wrap your critical information with a protective layer of encry...
- Block unauthorized access to your files and keep them safe.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 264 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I'll tell you why everyone dosent use it."
Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.8
Its free for older OS.
You will probably get this error: "PGP memory locking facility is not functioning correctly". Meaning yes there is a security hole in your freshly downloaded security program.
Symantec bought up the rights so they own a monopoly on this sort of program. Oh and they think they are throwing us a bone by keeping this one free but they don't support the free version.
You are screwed. Be prepared to pay for this sort of program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content