The following software will be installed on your computer:
- Java download, which includes the Java Plug-in software and the Java Virtual Machine components needed to run the Java technology based applets in a web browser.
- The Java Web Start software which simplifies launching and running web-based programs that use Java technology based software.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Web browser.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Prevent many plug-ins from launching automatically.
- Prevent Flash from launching automatically.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Easy-to-install environment to develop and deploy JBoss applica...
- Full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services ...
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Browse the web quickly and easily.
- Finds coupons for online shoppers during checkout automatically...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"WRONG DOWNLOAD LINK! Dangerous Java 7u11 is linked!!!!"
Version: Oracle Java 7u13
At this time there are no pros.
Java is not the most dangerous Internet technology you can install on any computer.
HEY! The link to 'Java 7u12' is actually downloading the DANGEROUS Java 7u11. FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY PLEASE!!!!!!!
"Oh great, a patch on the last patch is out"
Version: Oracle Java 7u11
If you're an idealist who dreams of utopia and magic flying unicorns leaping over rainbows, this used to be your favorite programming language.
Now Java is the single most dangerous software you can run on your Mac! Just Turn Java Off.
It's not gonna die. We're stuck with it. Oracle RUINED it. So much for the concept of 'sandboxing'. That's blown to hell. Java 7u11 is a patch on the fracked up patch in Java 7u10 that FAILed. We're in for more of this fecal splattering in the future, no doubt. Thank Oracle.
Just Turn Java Off.
But a big thank you to Apple and their XProtect system built into 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 for Just Turning Java Off, in a hurry, immediately after this latest Java exploit catastrophe was announced. That's Apple on-its-toes and I like it!
I've written a pile of stuff about Oracle's Java cluster frack-up here:
"Current Version is 7u10, not 9. Dangerous to use."
Version: Oracle Java 7u9
Um, it's sort of cross platform. It's sort of write once run anywhere, kind of. It sort of adds Internet functionality, usually.
The sandboxing is consistently found to be broken. Java has a horrifically bad reputation on Mac due to ~600,000 Macs being infected with drive-by Java malware in 2012, the single WORST Mac infection in history.
No one should have Java running on their Macs except when connected to specific trusted websites.
Install it only if you require it. Otherwise, turn it OFF in your web browsers or uninstall it.
The current version is Java 7u10, not 9. Don't use 9. Update IMMEDIATELY to 10. (BTW: The actual version number is Java v1.7 Update 10. Confusing, isn't it!)Where to download the latest version of Java 7:
Java used to be all the rave and had some great goals. All of its goals failed. Java is FAILware. Java is an embarrassment and represents the single most DANGEROUS software you can install and run on your Mac. It's even worse than running Adobe Flash. Here's why: An estimated 600,000 Macs were infected via web drive-by infections with bot malware, turning the Macs into botnet zombies. This was the single worst Mac infection in history. Consistent Java sandboxing FAILs are being found in each new version.
Just say NO! to Java unless you seriously need it. Even then, turn it OFF unless connected to specific trusted websites.
Java is a catastrophe that already happened. Oracle, after buying Java along with Sun Microsystems, has severely neglected the Java platform such that Java sandboxing cannot be considered trustworthy. Don't use it unless you require it. Otherwise, either turn it off in all your web browsers or plain old UNINSTALL IT!
Updated on Dec 11, 2012
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content