From OpenTTD Group:
OpenTTD is an open source simulation game based upon the popular Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features. As president of a start-up transportation company in 1950, you have a choice of building rail, road, air and maritime transportation routes to build up your transportation empire. Outsmart your competition by beating them to attractive passenger and commodities routes to become the game's highest-ranking transport company by the year 2050. During the course of the game, the player has to build and expand their transport infrastructure. The only infrastructure present on the map at the start of the game are roads within towns, all other infrastructure; ports, stations, airports, rail and depots, have to be built by the player. The tools for building a rail network are particularly powerful and the player has access to many different signal types in order to build a complex and interconnected rail network.
Technological improvements give the player access to newer, faster and more powerful vehicles. In the case of rail transport, new track technology also becomes available over time, first electrified rail, then monorail and maglev track. In general, newer vehicles cost more money to purchase and to run, and the player has to have earned enough money in the earlier stages of the game in order to be able to afford to upgrade their vehicles. The player can optionally start at earlier dates and play on past 2050, although no new technology becomes available. OpenTTD can be played as a single player, against a computer controlled AI, or multiplayer both over a LAN or the Internet. OpenTTD supports multiplayer games for up to 255 players between 15 different transport companies can be played both over a LAN or over the Internet. Each transport company is in competition with each other transport company, and each transport company can be controlled by more than one player at any time. This allows both co-operative and competitive multiplayer games. Competitive team games (e.g. two transport companies, both controlled by three players) are also possible. OpenTTD is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.0. For more information, see the file 'COPYING' included with every release and source download of the game.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 introduces many new fixes. It also includes significant new features.
- Search for new and missing in-game content via GRFCrawler
- Improved user interface and configuration windows
- New & updated currencies and languages
- Continued improvements in GameScript and AI support
More Products to Consider
- Play an open source simulation game based upon the popular game...
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Learn racing strategies and rip-roar around the track.
- HIDClass driver.
- Allow up to four players to play together through the single-pl...
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- HIDClass driver.
- Tic Tac Toe.
- Battles and leaders of the Civil War -- trivia game.
- Slam the pedal to the metal to guide your hero to the top of a ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content