CNET Editors' review
Those who often cut and paste text or other information may have the need to go back and track these items. Ondesoft ClipBuddy for Mac archives and manages clipboard usage well for those who need it.
Ondesoft ClipBuddy for Mac is available to try for free for 15 days with no additional restrictions. The full version requires payment of $29.95 to unlock. Installation takes place without issues and prompts the user to enter a full version product key when it first starts. This can be dismissed if the user wants to use the trial version. The program itself did not have any instructions, which was a disappointment due to the confusing interface and unclear program features. After some searching, we located instructions via the developer's Web page. Basically, the program tracks cutting and pasting to the computer clipboard over time. Users can later go back and reorganize the information for better retrieval and organization. When the program is loaded in the background, it automatically stores anything copied, including text from word processors or Internet URLs, among others. The small interface is difficult to read in its default size, but this can be changed. The program works well, but those who do not constantly organize the data will likely find the amount of information unmanageable after a few days of steady use.
While basic and lacking an intuitive interface, Ondesoft ClipBuddy for Mac performs its limited function well, and may be a viable option for those few users who need to track and organize clipboard use.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Ondesoft ClipBuddy for Mac 2.02.2.
Ondesoft ClipBuddy is a clipboard history manager for Mac OS. Ondesoft ClipBuddy Extender software on Mac allows you to save any type of data that can be put on the clipboard including text, images, html, folder and much more. Remember clips with title, data, size, source and url in days, weeks even years for your later reference. Copy and paste selected text without any formatting such as italic, bold, font size, etc, and then you don't have to paste it into notepad and copy it again. Well-structured node tree levels can make you add, find, sort, delete or manipulate clip nodes much easily. Just double-click on a clip in the clipboard history list and it's pasted right where you were working. Powerful text cleanup bar can make you remove unwanted marks, change case, line breaks and perform find&replace. Edit & reformat clip entries as you wish. Case conversion allows you easily convert text between different cases: lower case, upper case, sentence case, mixed case or invert case. Find& Replace function makes you search for and replace any text, numbers, formats, paragraphs, page breaks, wildcards, field codes, and more. Search any previous clip node you need by title, content, source, format, time and url. Powerful SuperPaste bring you more paste choices. Paste more than clip entries with just one click straight into Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TextEdit, iChat and any other applications. SuperPaste feature helps you quickly paste a series of clips in a loop with positive or negative sequence. Break apart and paste complex data sequentially by comma, commas, periods, semicolons, colons, tabs.
What's new in this version:
- Fully compatible with Mavericks.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- View and organize all your multimedia files.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Tutorial video-book for Photoshop CS4 users.
- Video editing, compositing & special effects.
- Fix the compatibility issue between Final Cut Pro 4 and QuickTi...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Create high-quality QuickTime movies for broadcast over the Int...
- Clippings, Snippets, Files and Code at your fingertips.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Catalog all your digital video tapes for easy access and tracki...
- Data recovery software.
- Work with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch directly from your de...
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- View and organize all your multimedia files.
- Screen capture utility.
- Show and hide hidden and system files in Mac OS X Finder.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Global text expander macro tool like Word's AutoCorrect.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Too confusing and complex"
Version: Ondesoft ClipBuddy 2.10.1
It seems to track absolutely EVERYTHING you've copied.
The interface is confusing, too much is stored, and you can't exclude Preference Panes which use the clipboard, such as TypeIt4Me, so you can end up drowning in hundreds of expanded abbreviations, trying to find that one thing you want.
I will stick with iClip, which is a lot easier to use, and simply appears at the side of the screen whenever you need it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content