Date Added:Feb. 08, 2007
Downloads Last Week:1
Results 1–4 of 4
None. I tried it on Windows XP,Windows 7 and Windows 8 and it does not display the web pages correctly.
I tried it on my Windows XP,Windows 7 and Windows 8 laptops. But just about everything is wrong with this browser. It does not display the web pages correctly,does not play videos. In fact the web pages display like in Internet Explorer 3 or 4. This browser is totally unusable.End of story.
Well I have pretty much said it all. This browser is a waste of space as it does not display the web pages properly. It is like trying to use IE4 now it is not compatible with modern websites on ANY version of Windows. And nether is this browser Off By One. It is off by everything. So forget this browser it a waste of space. Andrea Borman.
fast, lightweight, simple, tab support. firefox was pissing me off my eating almost 400mb!! with only 5 pages open!! i was reading a simple tutorial with just plain text. so i was surprised to see no ads when i reloaded the same pages with OffByOne and plain text only! How fabulous. And it was using only 4mb!
Well, it is a quite primitive browser, complicated pages may not show correctly but this is not what I m going to use it for ))
best for simple pages, if you just want to read something without ads or malware.
Secure, SSL-ready, HTML 3.2 and Portable.
Pages are often displayed badly (but the content and images are available)
This browser deserves the bad review only if you expect it to fit into the category of a modern browser with all the bells and whistles. Some of the pros:
1. Standalone html rendering engine (does not use any other popular rendering engine to display pages)
2. Portable (no installation required). Just unzip and run. Delete the folder to remove entirely. Great for USB sticks and other portable devices.
3. Small size (1.2mbs only) which includes tabbed browsing.
4. Secure. This is the main advantage of this SSL-ready, HTML (3.2) only browser. While all other browser can claim to be secure, this browser certainly is. It does only HTML3.2 and helps protect you from all the nasty little scripts out there. Another security feature is that it doesn't load the OS with folders and files into unknown areas of the filesystem. So it continues to add value as an app you can run on anyone's computer.
5. I don't use this browser often but always have it as a backup. When I need to enter a site that may be suspicious, I use this for checking it out first before using my default (full-featured) browser.
6. Ability to launch external apps for formats not internally supported by this browser.
If you're paranoid about the web, try this on some of the smaller sites you visit. You'll be able to see the content, bypass some java restrictions, display images and get the most important info from the site.
Some of the cons
A. Could do a better job of displaying the intended format of many pages but with the limits imposed on it (html 3.2 only), you're getting content only and images mostly.
Recommended download for anyone concerned about adding additional security tools. Gave a 4-star rating because it does what it promises to do.
It does not rely on any IE component. It's a totally stand-alone browser. Pop-ups are impossible. Stable & secure. NEVER got a Trojan or other junk with this browser! Never! (I did with Opera.) Just fantastic and sooo fast. Very user-friendly too. Back clicks are immediate, no delay at all! I use dialup and it's way faster than IE or Opera. Also, it allows you to set the home page and cookie handling. Many great features. It's my main browser now. Try it out!
Add Your Review
Update Your Review
Submit Your Reply
E-mail This Review
Report Offensive Content
|Publisher web site|
|Release Date||February 08, 2007|
|Date Added||February 08, 2007|
|Operating Systems||Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP|
|Additional Requirements||Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP|
|Downloads Last Week||1|