From Other World Computing:
After sporadic reports of data loss and corruption with FireWire 800 devices operating with the new Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system, Apple Computer made an official press release to indicate this problem has been traced to Oxford Semiconductor's 922 Firmware used by nearly all FireWire 800 devices, including the OWC Mercury Elite 800 series.
No OWC Mercury Elite FireWire 800 product has a firmware version lower than v1.02, but it is our recommendation that you follow the enclosed link to our v1.05 firmware update page. There you will find the the instructions and software which will enable you to upgrade your OWC Mercury Elite 800 drive to the latest v1.05 firmware version.
Apple Computer, Inc. is working with Oxford Semiconductor to fix this problem within OS X 10.3 Panther in a way that would not require the later Oxford 922 firmware version, but we here at OWC are happy to provide the firmware update information as an immediate and total solution regardless of what Apple and Oxford may do in the future.>
Please make note that this issue has only affected a small number of customers but we take this issue very seriously and highly recommend that all customers update their drive's firmware revision.
More Products to Consider
- Add customizable gestures to Magic Mouse or MacBook trackpad.
- High-quality scanner driver with support for several manufactur...
- Granularly customize input device behavior.
- Mac driver for the Xbox 360 controller.
- Printer driver for the multi-function device.
- Enable Digidesign hardware.
- Scanner drivers.
- For Bamboo, Graphire, Cintiq tablets.
- For HP printers.
- Play games with console controllers on Mac.
- Edit and manage your images.
- For ASIO-compatible apps.
- Recover deleted pics from digital media.
- Update your Apple DVD Player to get optimized DVD playback, Blu...
- Sleep/wake fix for some CD drives on G3 PowerMacs.
- Companion for the iPad app that lets you control your Mac or PC...
- Driver and software for the multi-function printer.
- Enable HID devices: gamepad, joystick, mice.
- Drivers for video capture devices based on Empia 28xx.
- Install most thermal and thermal transfer printers.
- Software for Fujitsu high-speed document scanners.
- Printer driver for the photosmart series.
- Scan software with over 200 built-in drivers.
- Test USB game devices.