OS X Rootkit Hunter is based on Michael Boelen`s "rootkit hunter"
but little modified for easier/better usability on Mac OS X.
OS X Rootkit Hunter is scanning tool to detect nasty tools on your Mac. This tool scans for rootkits, backdoors and local exploits by running tests like:
- Look for files used by rootkits
- Look for suspected strings
- Look for hidden files
- Scans within plaintext and binary files
and much more...
What's new in this version:
- Built with Michael Boelen's rootkit hunter 1.3.0
- Added additional Network check, to inform you about open and listen TCP Ports
- Universal Binary