CNET Editors' reviewThough nothing it offers is revolutionary, this text editor does offer more functionality than the standard Notepad. Notebook's interface is ultraplain and all of its options are offered through a simple File menu. In addition to basic editing tools, the program includes a spell checker. You can use a hot key to open the program, set it to stay on top, and apply various transparency levels. Notebook can be used to keep running notes, which are automatically saved and appear each time the program is opened until you clear them. You also can save notes to a text file or print them. This text editor works well, and anyone can use it, but don't expect to be dazzled by Notepad's design or features.
From Aaron Spuler:
Notebook is a text editor that can be used to take simple notes, or as a replacement for Microsoft's Notepad application. When not in use, Notebook resides in the system tray. Notebook will automatically save the text you have written upon exit and restore it when restarted. Notebook incorporates all the standard features expected from a text editor, plus a few extras. Features include: open, save, & print capability for text files; spell checker; global hotkey assignment; transparency; ability to stay on top of other windows; ability to load when Windows starts; live update over the Internet.
More Products to Consider
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Write and organize notes in a simple and convenient way.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Get an organizer, calendar, poster, note cards, and e-picture b...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your collections in a simple but visually attractive w...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage music sheets and instruction materials.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Let colleagues and friends leave virtual sticky notes on your d...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Track and manage orders and customer data.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Use this tool which sits on your desktop and when you need to n...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create a browsable database of notes.
- CreativeNotes helps you organize your thoughts and ideas, makin...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Manage your address book, schedule, notes, to-do, anniversaries...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Little, fast and really slick!"
Version: Notebook 1.4
You'll get more then you expect. Smooth transparency setting, auto-save, Printoption, etc. etc. etc. Money well spend. Only one-time registration and I got updates free for live! Now that's cool! Keep up the good work programmer(s).
"Excellent App. Far superior to the native Windows NotePad"
Version: Notebook 1.4
If you "Copy to NotePad" as frequently as I do... You will love this app! I really enjoy having it resident in my Icon Tray for easy use. And the built in Spell Checker alone is worth the Registration, which includes all future updates.
None. Have yet to encounter a problem.