From Nikon Corporation:
This version of Nikon View does not support serial computer connections. However, the memory card from serial-connection Nikon digital cameras (Coolpix 700, 800, 880 serial, 900, 950, 990 serial) can be removed from the camera and inserted in a card reader or PC card slot and pictures transferred to the computer using Nikon View 6.1.0.
If you have never connected your Nikon digital camera to your computer and are using Windows 98SE or a Coolpix 880, Coolpix 990 or D-1 series you will also need to download the camera drivers.
- Before using Nikon View 6.2, all earlier versions of Nikon View (Nikon View 900, Nikon View 2.x, Nikon View DX, Nikon View 3.x, Nikon View 4.x, Nikon View 5.x, Nikon View 6.0) as well as Nikon Capture 1.x must be uninstalled.
- When using Nikon View 6 in combination with Nikon Capture 3 or Capture 4, be sure to use the latest versions of both (Nikon View and Nikon Capture) applications. Nikon Capture 2 is not compatible with this version of Nikon View. If you use Nikon Capture 2.x do not update to this version of Nikon View.
- An error which prevents the image from opening in Nikon Editor or Nikon Capture Editor has been discovered when using Nikon View 6.2.x and Nikon Capture versions 4.0.x or 3.5.2 or earlier. To prevent this error do not:
- Use the "Rotate image(s)" option selected in the Transfer panel of the Transfer Options dialog (this function applies only when supporting cameras are connected).
- Rotate RAW or NEF-format images with the Nikon Browser.
What's new in this version:
- Support for RAW images captured by the Nikon D2
- Support for RAW images captured by the Nikon D2Hs
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- An issue has been solved that prevented Nikon Transfer from downloading voice memo files associated to images taken with the D2H in color mode II.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Image driver.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Slide your photos as screen saver.
- Image driver.
- Transfer images from Nikon cameras.
- Image driver.
- Open and displays preview images of EPS graphics files.
- Build professional looking screensavers that you can send to yo...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Find and remove duplicate photos or similar pictures.