CNET Editors' review
New Super Mario Forever 2012 looks and feels just like the real deal, even down to the music. Though it takes far too long to set up and there are a few kinks, it's a great way to get your Mario fix. If you like gaming on your computer, it beats dusting off the old Nintendo or paying big bucks for the original games on eBay.
During installation, this game will try to change your homepage and search to Bing. Make sure you opt out of that if you don't want it. The game takes a while to install and displays an error unless you run it as an administrator. Even if you're logged in as the administrator account, it makes you right-click and choose "Run as administrator." The game does play smoothly once you've finally set it up. It even runs with premier graphics and sound on computers with older processors. If you didn't know any better, you'd believe New Super Mario Forever 2012 was made by Nintendo. The only unprofessional elements are the frequent instances of broken English. The really smooth gameplay and abundance of levels make up for that, though. The game even supports USB controllers and expands well to HDTVs if you want to play it like you would on a console.
If you don't mind jumping through hoops, this game offers a real treat. It's almost like a whole new Mario experience you've never played before. If you can't get enough emulators and 8-bit goodness, you have to try New Super Mario Forever 2012.
From Softendo Download Games:
This is the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever. This is completly new game. Enter to world of New Super Mario Forever 2012 fight on eight large maps filled with plenty of levels and secret stages. use many powerups like tanooki, bomberman, Boomer-Man, Wegetable Super Power, Power star, Power Clock, Fire flower. The diversity of the levels is very impressive. Game has also renewed graphics and much better scrolling in comparison to the original Mario. You will have to get through levels ranging from underwater caverns to levels filled with hot lava. Of course, there are also many novelties in the gameplay - an option to save your game, brand new enemies and bonuses are only a few of them. However, fans of the original old Mario don't have to fear - it is still the same game, only upgraded. Collecting coins, jumping into the pipes, hidden levels - there are still here. Don't hesitate to download Mario Forever now - but remember, this video game.
What's new in this version: Updated install program.
More Products to Consider
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Defend your castle from the many creatures and enemies in Mario...
- Play vintage Mario Bros from NES or Pegasus.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Fight on 8 cosmic maps and defeat enormous bosses.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Help Mario collect coins and rescue Princess Toadstool.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play well known Mario Forever with much tougher levels.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Add social media applications in your game with ease.
- Modify your computer's settings to increase your gaming perform...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Improve your PC and Internet speed performance.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a 3D tank shooting game.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Travel through 15 levels, fighting the most classic of monsters...
- Save the Earth from the invasion of relentless intergalactic ch...
- Play a classic game about a moustached plumber Mario with refre...
- Play this food action game.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 642 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Don't want third party software"
Version: New Super Mario Forever 2012 1.1
Decided not to install after seeing the 'third part software' ...
Stopped installing after reading this legal note:
'The developer of the software ("Software") you are installing has chosen to use the OpenCandy Network ("We") to provide recommendations of other third party software.'
It's opening a door to a lot of junk on my computer.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: