CNET Editors' review
Hearkening back to the heyday of Nintendo, this game faithfully reproduces the classic Super Mario Bros. Although Mario Forever's graphics and sound aren't identical to those of the original, they're so close most users familiar with the game won't be able to differentiate.
The basic platformer action hasn't changed either. As the feisty little plumber Mario, you traverse different worlds to collect coins while dodging enemies such as malevolent mushrooms and ill-tempered turtles. You won't find an extensive feature set, but you can at least change the keyboard controls or disable the music and sound effects.
However, we do think Mario Forever consumes a bit too much processor time, especially considering its outdated design. But if you were a fan of the 1980s classic Super Mario Bros., then we doubt this freebie will disappoint you.
From Softendo Download Games:
This is the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever. This is completly new game. Enter to world of New Super Mario Forever 2012 fight on eight large maps filled with plenty of levels and secret stages. use many powerups like tanooki, bomberman, Boomer-Man, Wegetable Super Power, Power star, Power Clock, Fire flower. The diversity of the levels is very impressive. Game has also renewed graphics and much better scrolling in comparison to the original Mario. You will have to get through levels ranging from underwater caverns to levels filled with hot lava. Of course, there are also many novelties in the gameplay - an option to save your game, brand new enemies and bonuses are only a few of them. However, fans of the original old Mario don't have to fear - it is still the same game, only upgraded. Collecting coins, jumping into the pipes, hidden levels - there are still here. Don't hesitate to download Mario Forever now - but remember, this video game.
What's new in this version: Updated install program. V1.1b
More Products to Consider
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Solve the dark secret of the lost animals.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Collect icons to enter the next level.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play vintage Mario Bros from NES or Pegasus.
- Defend your castle from the many creatures and enemies in Mario...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Learn about and then play this puzzle game.
- Grow your modest pet shop into an exclusive boutique.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Fight on 8 cosmic maps and defeat enormous bosses.
- Beat all the bricks down and don't lose the ball.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Help Mario collect coins and rescue Princess Toadstool.
- Join an adventurous captain's search for her lost love in a rom...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Join Scarlett as she puts robots to work on her land.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 640 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: