CNET Editors' review
Neevia Document Converter Pro allows users to convert a variety documents into different formats. Although the program works well, it isn't always easy to figure out how to use it.
At first glance, the interface doesn't make much sense; after a few minutes of clicking around, we headed for the Help file, which comes with the program as a 98-page PDF. Thorough, yes, but a bit overwhelming, especially for users just seeking the basics on how to get started. Once we determined how the program works it was fairly easy to select a folder full of documents and convert them to another format. Although the program's publishers focus on the program's ability to convert a variety of documents into PDFs, it actually supports multiple file types. We chose to turn a folder full of Word documents into JPEGs, and the program had the task completed in a matter of moments. We liked some of the program's extra features, such as the ability to have the program automatically convert e-mail attachments to PDFs and then mail them back to the users. However, some simple tasks, like converting a single document instead of a batch of them, were unnecessarily difficult to figure out. It's a shame that such a seemingly powerful program is undermined by its unintuitive interface.
Neevia Document Converter Pro is free to try, but leaves a watermark on all documents created with the trial version. It installs without issues but leaves folders behind upon removal. We recommend this program to intermediate and advanced users who are already somewhat familiar with file conversion software.
From Neevia Technology:
Convert Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2007/2010, WordPerfect, PostScript and many other document types to a variety of formats, including PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PCX, BMP, FAX, PRINTER, EPS and PostScript. It operates in both a batch mode via directory or e-mail scanning and in direct mode via a COM (ActiveX) component. With Document Converter Pro you can also merge, split, stamp, add security to PDF documents, run scripts before/after conversion, e-mail the output.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 adds image OCR; unicode watermark; eml/msg conversion; new conversion engine.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF documents into fully editable Microsoft Word files.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Convert files to PDF format and convert PDF files to Word forma...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert Adobe Acrobat files to Microsoft Word or HTML format.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create PDF documents from any program without having to learn c...
- Create PDF file from any windows file effortlessly.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert PDF files to MS Word, Excel and image.
- Convert files among PDF, DOC, TXT, RTF, and HTML formats.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Convert PDF file to a Microsoft Word document.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create Adobe compatible PDFs from over 300 applications, print ...
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Convert PDF documents into editable Word documents retaining la...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A reliable product!"
Version: Neevia Document Converter Pro 6.0
It can handle multiple file formats at the same time and watch more than one input folder.
Some of the features are a bit difficult to access!
Tested Document Converter Pro 6.1 on several Windows platforms (64bit included) and it performed much better than version 5.x. It did a good job at converting batches of documents. I was particularly interested in converting eml and msg files and have the application merge email body with attachments. It did quite a good job!