Name Munger (pronounced "Name Munjer") is a powerful, yet simple-to-use batch file renaming utility. Simply drag one or more files or folders onto the Name Munger icon and you can easily add text before or after the existing name, change one or more occurrences of part of the name or even remove some of the name. In a snap you can rename dozens or even hundreds of files. Quickly rename one file or a thousand with a simple drag-n-drop. Add to the beginning of file and folder names. Add to the end of file and folder names. Replace text anywhere in a file or folder name. Remove text from anywhere in a file or folder name. Strip any character or set of characters from file or folder names. Strip leading and/or trailing spaces from a file or folder name. Change file names to ALL UPPER CASE, all lower case, Title Caps, or Initial caps. Add customizable numbers before, after or instead of file or folder names. Renames items in nested folders or just those you select. Preview your changes before applying them.
Version 1.7.3 improves wording of labels and menus in the Number pane.
What's new in this version:
- Improved wording of labels and menus in the Number pane.
- Changed the behavior of the digits menu in the Number pane to allow numbers without leading zeros.
- Added a Task menu with keyboard shortcuts for each pane.
- Added a one-step Macintosh-to-Windows file name preset.
- Corrected a problem when stripping a number of characters from names in sub-folders.