Nagios is a host and service monitor designed to inform you of network problems before your clients, end-users or managers do. It has been designed to run under the Linux operating system, but works fine under most *NIX variants as well. The monitoring daemon runs intermittent checks on hosts and services you specify using external "plugins" which return status information to Nagios. When problems are encountered, the daemon can send notifications out to administrative contacts in a variety of different ways (email, instant message, SMS, etc.). Current status information, historical logs, and reports can all be accessed via a web browser.
What's new in this version:
- Fix for CGI submission of external commands (writing newlines and submitting service comments)
- Fix for Apache group membership in RPM spec file
- Fix for improper notification propagation command processing
- Better out-of-disk-space error handling when writing retention and status files
- Disabled adaptive check and eventhandler commands for security reasons
- Fix for reading output from system commands (event handlers, etc) that have time...
See all new features »