From Gary Danko:
Nagios is a host and service monitor designed to inform you of network problems before your clients, end-users or managers do. It has been designed to run under the Linux operating system, but works fine under most *NIX variants as well. The monitoring daemon runs intermittent checks on hosts and services you specify using external "plugins" which return status information to Nagios. When problems are encountered, the daemon can send notifications out to administrative contacts in a variety of different ways (email, instant message, SMS, etc.). Current status information, historical logs, and reports can all be accessed via a web browser.
What's new in this version:
- Fix for CGI submission of external commands (writing newlines and submitting service comments)
- Fix for Apache group membership in RPM spec file
- Fix for improper notification propagation command processing
- Better out-of-disk-space error handling when writing retention and status files
- Disabled adaptive check and eventhandler commands for security reasons
- Fix for reading output from system commands (event handlers, etc) that have timed out... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Send keyboard and mouse events to a remote machine and see the ...
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Command-line file transfer tool.
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Protect your Mac against breaking cyber threats with free antiv...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Monitor and secure your networks.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Adds signal strength & security info to AirPort menu.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Bandwidth shaper & connection optimizer.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: