MySQL Workbench enables a DBA, developer, or data architect to visually design, generate, and manage all types of databases including Web, OLTP, and data warehouse databases. It includes everything a data modeler needs for creating complex ER models, and also delivers key features for performing difficult change management and documentation tasks that normally require much time and effort. MySQL Workbench is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. MySQL Workbench simplifies database design and maintenance, automates time-consuming and error-prone tasks, and improves communication among DBA and developer teams. It enables data architects to visualize requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and resolve design issues before a major investment of time and resources is made. It enables model-driven database design, which is the most efficient methodology for creating valid and well-performing databases, while providing the flexibility to respond to evolving business requirements. Model and Schema Validation utilities enforce best practice standards for data modeling, also enforce MySQL-specific physical design standards so no mistakes are made when building new ER diagrams or generating physical MySQL databases. MySQL Workbench provides capabilities for forward engineering of physical database designs. A visual data model can easily be transformed into a physical database on a target MySQL Server with just a few mouse clicks. All SQL code is automatically generated and runs right the first time, which eliminates the normal error-prone process of manually writing complex SQL code. MySQL Workbench also enables you to reverse engineer an existing database or packaged application to get better insight into its database design. Not only can MySQL Workbench forward and reverse engineer existing databases, but it can also import SQL scripts to build models and export models to DDL scripts that can be run at a later time. MySQL Workbench is offered in a free and Open Source (GPL) OSS edition and a Standard Edition as an annual subscription.
What's new in this version: We have published a new beta release of Version 5.2.16 Workbench Beta 6 build includes fixes for 67 bugs. In Beta 6 we've also responded to great community ideas and feedback with various new convenience and security features:
- Saving your profile/connection passwords in OSX keychain, gnome-keyring or - for windows - in a encrypted password-vault-file.
- New rapid development features for generating complete SQL Select/DML statements or names for selected objects in Query Editor ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage business database applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Database browsing, retrieval and manipulation tool.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Find database tables not used or used in your scripts.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Create, edit, and backup databases on remote hosts.
- Check performance and diagnostics of your MySQL database server...
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Create complete source code for a Web site using MySQL or Postg...
- Allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- Migrates FileMaker to MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, SQLite...
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- SQL database development environment.
- Implement a self-contained, transactional SQL database engine.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Distribute Joomla! easily.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- FileMaker data replication & synchronization.