CNET Editors' review
Interior design is a visual task that does not come easily to many people. Luckily, MyFourWalls for Mac allows you to place custom modified furniture into rooms that you design in both 2D and 3D formats.
MyFourWalls for Mac easily allows the user to design rooms and place furniture into them. This program is capable of loading preexisting blueprints to be used for interior designing, or the user can design their own rooms. There are a variety of different view settings, modifiable furniture pieces, and design elements. The 2D models can be a little crowded, but all of the elements are movable by dragging. The user interface is large and easy to understand and use. The modifiable design elements seem almost endless and include furniture for all types of rooms, different materials and easy resizing of all elements. The interface is capable of displaying the design in 2D, 3D, or 2D and 3D together. The limitations of this version prevent the user from being able to complete a full and complex design, but you can still play around with all of the features. The free trial version is limited to sessions of 30 minutes at a time and you cannot print or save. The full version of the program is available for $29.
MyFourWalls for Mac is a great tool for visualizing interior design possibilities. This version of the program seems to be geared for personal use and definitely only as a demonstration of the full program's potential.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of MyFourWalls for Mac 1.0b11.
From Synium Software:
MyFourWalls is an easy-to-use furnishing planner that allows you to dramatically change the design of your rooms and then take a virtual tour in real time. Get a realistic impression of which changes will actually improve your living environment before you spend a dime! In its visualization, MyFourWalls relies on a sophisticated lighting scheme, which includes ambient light, highly configurable lamps as light sources, windows, transparent doors as well as reflections from walls, floor and ceiling. Conveniently switch between daylight and night. The ever growing library of more than 140 base furniture items gives you a good starting point, the advanced settings for changing several dimensions allow you to customize the items exactly to your existing furniture.
What's new in this version:
- User interface redesigned
- Support for multiple floors and stairs
- More furniture
- Italian localization added
- Support for retina displays
- Several bugfixes
More Products to Consider
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- 3D interior design, modeling and animation program.
- Read online print media content.
- Home and office interior design software.
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Live the experience of being a race car driver.
- Bring autumn leaves to your desktop.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Get retro and race around a 3D arena destroying your opponents ...
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- Bend twist and shatter their layers in 3D space.
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Watch 3D African animals interact and roam across your screen.
- Create digital photo albums and share them on CDs.
- Turn your Mac desktop into a realistic-looking 3D aquarium.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content