CNET Editors' review
My Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use program that lets you record your onscreen activity. With its intuitive design and useful features, My Screen Recorder is a great way to create demonstrations, tutorials, and more.
The program's interface isn't the most beautiful we've ever seen, but it's easy to figure out. The big red Record button brings up a dialogue that guides you through the process of configuring the recording options. Once that's done, the program records until you hit Stop within the program's interface or uses the designated keyboard shortcut. The program then saves and replays the recorded video. My Screen Recorder has quite a few features and options, making it one of the more versatile programs of this type that we've seen. You can select whether you want to record the full screen or just a specified region, can choose between AVI and WMA output formats, and have the option of recording just audio or video. We especially liked the program's audio tuning wizard, which helps you configure your recording and playback volume. The application also helps you customize your display options by offering a variety of settings for visual effects and Windows appearance, and the program's built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we found My Screen Recorder to be very easy to use--simple enough for beginners--but customizable enough to meet the needs of more demanding users.
My Screen Recorder is free to try, but the trial version puts a watermark on the program's output. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
This advanced screen capturing tool can capture anything you see on your PC screen, including the entire desktop, windows, menus, cursors, and even video with sound. Use a connected microphone to add narration to your recordings, or have the program record the sounds the computer is playing. You can even record from the microphone and speakers at the same time. The built-in Preview feature lets you quickly review your movies. Create training videos, demos, presentations, or even record your internet chat or voice over IP telephone sessions - anything that requires recording your PC screen and audio.
What's new in this version: Smart Audio Notification: The count down window now provides details on which audio device will be used during recording.
More Products to Consider
- Record screen activity and create screen video streams with AVI...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Record screen to SWF/FLV.
- Capture and record your PC screen to create video presentations...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Allow you to capture and record screen activities.
- Record all screen and audio activity to AVI or WMV video file f...
- Record all activities on your desktop and save them as a video ...
- Turn screen recordings into polished videos that train, teach, ...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Record PC screen into AVI video in real time.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Capture video and audio of your desktop activities.
- Capture your screen activity and record it to .avi or self-play...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Record screen activities and sounds into movie files.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Facilitate remote PC trouble shooting over the local area netwo...
- Capture and record screen activities into video files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1