CNET Editors' review
Interested in creating your very own detailed family history complete with photos, sounds, and videos? My Family Tree by Chronoplex Software is a free genealogy application designed to help anyone do just that.
The software, which supports standard GEnealogical Data COMmunication (GEDCOM) files, presents an appealing and easy-to-understand interface. There is also a Help file to aid the user in putting the genealogy software through its paces. You can build your family tree from scratch or edit an existing one. The information for every individual is very detailed and it allows the upload of audio, photos, and videos for that specific person. The app is able to generate reports for specific individuals (relations, life stories) as well as overall family statistics (births, deaths, marriages, ages, and children).
We found My Family Tree to be very useful and informative. We found no issues with installing or removing the application.
From Chronoplex Software:
My Family Tree is our genealogy product aimed at both the novice and advanced family historian. With its modern user interface and wide range of features, My Family Tree will help you create your family tree in no time at all. It features include simple flexible workflow, visualize, and interact with your family tree and conveniently store all your research in a single file.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0.5 add support for Compressed Keyhole Markup Language Files (KMZ) in place reports and performance improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Create and view a family tree with notes and other details.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Track, organize, print, and share your family history.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage and track your genealogy information.
- Build a genealogy tree using scanned photos.
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Create and publish your family tree.
- Discover your family history and build your family tree.
- Read the CBR files.
- Manange any type of inventory.
- Download and generate genealogical reports of a GEDCOM file.
- Convert Vcard business files to .CSV and vice versa.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"ADWARE!!!! STAY AWAY!"
Version: My Family Tree (32-bit) 3.0.5
None that I'm aware of.
I installed this program and within moments I was under attack from the PassShow AdWare program. DON'T INSTALL OR USE THIS SOFTWARE!
"Could be Great..."
Version: My Family Tree (32-bit) 3.0.5
It has some very nice reports and when the bugs are fixed I will use it.
It got an individual descendant tree report completely wrong. The tree looked OK on the main page tho.
Unable to select/deselect what goes into the reports. So for example you can't exclude world events.
Photos in the reports didn't have titles.
Print preview would be nice to see if what you are printing will fit on the page.
There is no customer forum to report problems and help speed up the development.
It has some very nice reports but seems to have some bugs that make it untrustworthy.The individual descendant tree report was wrong because the picture was squished up and the boxes misplaced. No scroll bars. When the report is saved and viewed with a browser it's OK.
Updated on Sep 26, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content