CNET Editors' review
Muzzy is one of those apps that you may not even realize you need until you try it out. It's a sleek, stylish way to quickly view information about what you're listening to on iTunes. Anyone who uses iTunes regularly would benefit from this nifty app.
Once installed, Muzzy appears as a little musical note in the menu bar. It doesn't spring into action until you start listening to music in iTunes. Once the music starts playing, users can click on the icon to bring up a small square showing the current song's album art, the name of the song, and the time elapsed. Clicking on the square allows you to scrub back and forth in the song, and you can also view the track listing for the entire album. If you have lyrics saved for your songs, a little drop-down tray will display them once clicked. Muzzy also displays a small notification each time a new song comes on; this is less intrusive than the one provided by iTunes, and we preferred it. If you're a Last.fm user, Muzzy also supports scrobbling directly from the app. Our only complaint about Muzzy was that it didn't actually let us control our music; pausing, playing, or changing tracks still required a visit to iTunes.
Still, we were impressed with Muzzy's attractive interface and useful features, and we think it's a really nice complement to iTunes. Anyone who would like to know what iTunes is playing without having to stop what you're doing to look at iTunes will love Muzzy. Muzzy for Mac installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Pedro Vieira:
Muzzy is a tiny and gorgeous iTunes companion that lives on your Menu Bar.
Made to be simple, Muzzy allows you to view your track's artwork along with its information (current time and name) in an effortless way: just click Muzzy's menu bar icon and you'll see!
Browsing all tracks within an album is easy as pie too! You just need click a button, and that's it! A list with all the songs of that album will be waiting for your command.
What's new in this version: New in this version:
- Smoother window animations
- You can now press ->, on the Main window, to go to the album tracks window and <- to go back
- Small bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Retrieve lost contacts, photos, SMS from iOS devices with ease.
- Preview and recover lost iPhone data from iTunes backup Files o...
- Copy iPod to Mac and in iTunes. Rebuild iTunes library from iPo...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Transfer files on iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Copy music and playlists from an iPod, iPhone or iPad to iTunes...
- Transfer songs, movies, photos, eBooks, playlists, contacts, SM...
- Copy Music from iPod, iPhone or iPad to iTunes. Transfer iPhone...
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Change your iOS device's carrier logo without jailbreaking.
- IPhone, iPad, and iPod touch data recovery software.
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Extract information from iPhone and iPad backups.
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
- Transfer music, video and photo between iPod/iPhone and Mac, ex...
- Recover the data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Free up space on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Edit the info you see about the mp4 file in iTunes and Finder.
- Encoder: divx, xvid, h264, iPod, mpg, s/vcd, dvd, tivo, psp, mp...
- Displays the artwork of the currently playing iTunes track as w...
- Amarra Hifi is the high resolution music player designed to mak...
- Recover iPhone bookmarks, calendar, contacts, SMS & MMS, photos...
- Scan and delete duplicates in iTunes automatically, get album c...
- Export music from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to Mac.