CNET Editors' review
The ability to tag tracks makes your music library more responsive and more fun. Muso adds a much more dynamic tagging option to any song in your music library. This program isn't great as a music player, but if you want to make organizing your music easier, it might be worth the download.
Muso comes with a 30-day trial period after which you need to pay $9.41. The program doesn't find your music without you directing it to the right files. Since most Windows PCs store music files in the same place, this seems like it should be automatic. It doesn't help that the program sometimes decides to not look for those files once you've given the command to add them. But once you've added all of your songs, Muso can organize your files in plenty of cool ways. You can make playlists around a mood, an activity, and more. Then, files are automatically added as you tag them. Playing the tracks isn't really much fun, though. The only audio controls you get in the program are playing, pausing, and volume. There's no way to adjust tone, and creating playlists on the fly isn't easy.
If you've got a ton of music files on your computer, it's likely that you already have an organization system in place. If you're still looking, Muso might be the program for you. It's packed full of cool tools that will help you coordinate and collate your files. Don't expect to enjoy listening to them too much, though.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Muso 1.5.29.
Muso acts as both a centralized information repository for your music collection, and an intuitive graphical user interface to allow you to browse your albums, tag them, filter them, and sort them in various flexible ways.
Muso is designed to work in harmony with your favorite music player rather than hiding or replacing it. The focus is on the full music album as a browsing entity rather than the individual songs, and is the perfect solution for you if your collection is predominantly album based. Includes advanced tagging and filtering features, flexible sorting or grouping, intuitive context-sensitive navigation, embedded online metadata, end-user configuration of UI, and comprehensive support for classical music.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Create electronic photo and movie albums.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Create and design your own stamp album pages.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Organize, view, share, and archive your photos and videos with ...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- View, edit, find, organize, and print your photos.
- Point, click, and add a slide show to your desktop.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Search artists, albums, or songs in allmusic.com.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Catalog and organize your music media.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Organize and manage your digital photos with this 3D ostrich di...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Create tags and associate them with your files and applications...
- Assign custom keywords (tags) to your files for easy searching ...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- View, organize, enhance, and publish your digital photographs a...
- Catalog large collections of media content, even if it is store...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"A great way to visualize your music collection"
Version: Muso 1.3.19
Very fast data base, aggregates content from other sources to enrich-en your experience.
Does not have its own music player. Would be great to have a playlist tool for grouping albums
View your music as albums, get background information about the artist and sometimes the album and tracks. Fast, a great way to access your music collection.
"Innovative Playlist Manager"
Version: Muso 1.3.05
Takes a a different approach to playlists
Do I need to install another piece of sw to manage my music, not if I can help it
"Meaningful interaction with your music collection."
Version: Muso 1.3.01
Great new way to visualise and interact with your music collection. Cloud views, album ordering, album tagging, etc etc.
None so far.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content