From MBForge Software:
Create and maintain music base in folders, which easy can be updated with new music files, including old music files. Precisely repair filenames and ID3 tags with search and suggest method. Repairing process find songs without artist, with wrong syntax, different names in ID3 and filename, with strange numbers in filename etc. and offer suggestion and solution usually only with one click. Find and delete duplicates on unique way. Clearance music folders from other files. There is a possibility to undo every change even restore files from Recycle Bin. Easy to put song name's to files ripped from audio CD, which not had support on the Internet. Create list of artist, compare and merge same artist with different reported names. Auto change artist and title ID3 tags when rename file. Easy and fast create winamp playlist.
What's new in this version: Version 6.57 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Identify a song that is played by capturing sound via microphon...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Rescue all lost or missing media files from iPod.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Orginize and sort your MP3, WMA, and OGG files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Obtain album covers for your MP3 files.
- Manage your MP3 files organizing them into albums.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- View, rate, and organize your MP3 and OGG files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Transfer songs from your iPod to Windows-based computer.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Organize and manage your MP3 files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Organize, find, view, archive, and share your photos.
- Record, mix, and organize your music.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Index your media files in a database.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
Version: Music Files Batch 2.11
Hard to use. Only made for winamp users. Cant rename files the way I want
"Great all around music cataloger."
Version: Music Files Batch 2.02
I have over 20k music, and this was like pray answered!
I will have to buy it!
"If you dont have an iTunes this is the next best thing!"
Version: Music Files Batch 1.21
Its a fast programe.
"I tried this program for its WMA support - GodFather does a great job for MP3..."
Version: Music Files Batch 2.02
User interface is terrible; the spelling, grammar and counter-intuitive design made the whole experience woeful. Although it supports WMA files, it doesn't actually do anything with them - so a bit pointless.
"Cleans up your MP3 directory"
Version: Music Files Batch 1.92
Music Files Batch did pretty much what I wanted; to make my MP3 directoy look nice and pretty, including fixing all the ID3 tags, like having the actual artist name and song title in the filename.
The program skips down the list of files, playing each one so you can verify the artist and song, and this is a very nice feature!
I had no idea this was such an enormous amount of manual work, but you can't really expect the program to do everything for you. As it scans through your MP3 directory, the program suggests changes to those files that aren't already looking they way you want them. In most cases the suggestions match, but there are too many different questions you have to answer making the process more of an effort.
This version (1.92) had quite a lot of options for fixing files, and if you (unlike me) take the time to play around with them, I'm sure you can make the process more automatic and the suggestions better. Maybe the defaults could have been a little less pedantic :)
In all fairness this was the first time I've done any kind of cleanup in my rather large list of files, and it was a complete mess. Now it all looks very good!
This was the 6th of a very few programs like this I could find, and compared to those I absolutely recommend this.
The user interface was quite horrible, and not very intuitive, although I got used to it quite fast using the Tooltips for guidance.
While the program has a feature to check for duplicates, it seemed to have a problem with duplicate filenames during the filename/ID3 tag check. After renaming, if a file ends up having the same name as another file further down the list, it keeps looping until you accept an incorrect filename to skip it.
I guess the Autofix option makes the whole process more or less automatic, but to be honest I haven't deared to switch it on as the suggestions I've seen the program come up with so far, have not been what I wanted. The process involves more or less only mouse clicks, but if you manually have to edit something, the editor is not very nice and you have to be careful with the Del (Delete) key.