CNET Editors' review
Beware, after playing just one game of Moraff's "MahJongg 2009," you'll find yourself eager to come back and play more. We just wish the trial period lasted longer.
The user interface is colorful, easy to navigate, and offers users a few extra features. Prominent menu buttons reside at the top of the window, and allow you to choose from different game designs, and apply game settings, such as the number of matches, and tile-set displays. There also are buttons to undo and redo moves. In terms of extras, you'll find a radio that plays soothing music to get you in the mood to play mah-jongg, and almost the entire user interface, down to the cursor, is customizable. The game tiles are bright and colorful without being too busy. If you're new to the game of mah-jongg, an extensive Help menu will have you up and playing in no time. We jumped right in, clicking the tiles to make matches, and we liked the score and ranking information that appeared after the game was over.
The one downside to the program is its 14-use trial, which is pretty stingy. But it's still plenty of time for experienced and novice users alike to become highly addicted to this well-designed version of mah-jongg.
From Software Diversions:
Moraff's MahJongg is a stunning version of the popular mahjong tile game that features a beautiful, graphical display of tiles placed on a gorgeous background. This new version includes a Tileset Maker, new tilesets, backgrounds, cursors, layouts, the ability to configure the game for customized play and more! Statistics tracking has been entirely updated, new rewards and awards are given for excellent game play, and the game now supports multiple users. The tiles have 3D shading, letting you spot at a glance which tiles are available for play, popup effects which allow you to immediately see which are available to choose, and fading effects when the tiles are removed from the board. The objective is to eliminate all the tiles by selecting exact matches while relaxing, CD-quality music plays in the background. Options let you select different layouts, get hints, undo wrong moves, play timed games, and track statistics. Digital sound effects and soothing background music add to the fun. MahJongg is an addicting game that will please your senses as well as challenge your mind.
What's new in this version: Version 14:
- New Tileset Maker
- New Tilesets, Backgrounds, Layouts, Cursors
- Supports Multiple Users
- Statistics Tracking
- Awards & Rewards System
- Ribbonbar Interface
More Products to Consider
- Play different types of mahjong solitaire while listening to re...
- Play a Mahjong Solitaire game with unique and customizable boar...
- Play a game of mah-jongg that features spherical tiles.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play Mahjongg Solitaire in 2D or 3D mode.
- Select tiles and match them up.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Customize and play hundred mahjong solitaire and matching games...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play Mahjong matching game in 3D and 2D.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play a classic solitaire tile-matching game.
- Play 592 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Play this colorful and realistic 3D graphic Mahjong game.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play a matching game combining the classic Solitaire and Mahjon...
- Play classic mahjong with six layouts.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 63 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Mahjongg itself is relaxing & fun to play"
Version: Moraffs MahJongg XIV 14.0
The various puzzles keeps you mystfied and more into the game.
Mahjongg XIV alone is great, but as an update to the original it's LOUSY, the download didn't go as smooth. It left out parts of the SUPER PACK, so I had to
reinstall the original CD to get all of the games. Then I've contacted the producers of this game at least 5 times with no reply, so I have two different games on my CPU.
I think when games have updates, they are suppose to go smooth. Take out the old, put in the new components with no problems, Especially when you have to pay for the updates, there should be someone to help if there's a problem.
Mahjongg Suite 2013 transferred it update with no problem what so ever, and I've had about 4 of them. What seems to be the PROBLEM HERE with one UPDATE AND NO REPLY!
"Overall impression is good."
Version: Moraffs MahJongg XIV 14.0
Wish it would give a re-shuffle when no more moves are left.