From Free Gamer:
Minetest is Free and Open Source Software, released under the LGPL, available for Windows and Linux.Minetest is developed by Perttu "celeron55" Ahola and a number of other contributors.Features includes where it walk around, dig and build in an infinite voxel world, Craft stuff from raw materials to help you along the way., Extremely easy server-side modding API. (short), Multiplayer support for tens of players, via servers hosted by users, Voxel based dynamic lighting (quite similar to Minecraft; light up caves with torches), Active user community, Game modifications and texture packs, Almost infinite world and a fairly good map generator (limited to +-31000 blocks in all directions at the moment), Runs natively on Windows and Linux (C++ and Irrlicht. No Java.).
What's new in this version:
- New Features
- Smaller gameplay tweaks:
- Added new sounds (someone who can't decide if he wants to be called mitori or mito551)
- Logistic changes:
- Clean up rendering code a bit (increases FPS by 5 to 10) (Exio)
- Modding-related Changes
- Add minetest.register_decoration() (kwolekr)
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play a game of Mah Jong with multiple players.
- Manage your own TFTP server with Windows PC.
- Play 588 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Enhance your networking performance by sharing your local drive...
- Develop your own interactive simulations, games, stories, and l...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Manage and administrate roles and features of Windows Server 20...
- Maintain your own Windows Telnet Server.
- Programming tool for cutting of rectangular order items out of ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"seems to work well"
Version: Minetest 0.4.7
-very similar to minecraft
-portable if you want
-i'm trying it on an obsolete, ancient laptop and can't read the font very well. but it's impressive it runs on this old beast.
-not sure how to configure it (could use some help files or something - i know there's something in wiki about this though).
i haven't really dug down too deep into this virtual world. but it seems good. well done open source boys.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content