CNET Editors' review
As a functional idea-mapping program with a streamlined interface, MindNode Lite for Mac helps users think creatively and organize their thoughts logically. The software performs as advertised even though the free version comes with certain limitations.
While MindNode Lite for Mac lacks any user tutorial or walk-through, the main menu is designed well enough for most users to pick up easily. The main window contains a large white space, where a center box is placed by default. Here, the user can enter the title of the first entry, or node. Moving the cursor around the area of the first box brings up plus signs, which create new nodes, automatically linked to the original. This can also be completed, along with deleting nodes, from the top of the window with two buttons. Another option at the top allows the user to name the files, enter author name, create keywords, and change the background color. The text color and font type for inside the individual nodes can also be modified easily. Even though free, the application does lack features to make it available across devices, including cloud access. These features come with the paid pro version available for $19.99.
Those looking for a mind-mapping program with few features would find MindNode Lite for Mac's easy-to-use interface a welcome option for practicing brainstorming and organizing their thoughts. This program is suitable for users of all levels.
From Markus Mueller:
MindNode is an elegant and simple-to-use mindmapping application for the Macintosh. It was created with the user in mind and features a very simple and intuitive user interface that lets the user focus on expressing and developing ideas. Nearly no time is required to learn the interface. MindNode is based on the same codebase as the commercial version. While it is still a very powerful application, it misses some of the features added to MindNode Pro that help improve your productivity.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes a localization issue in the main menu.
- Fixes a bug that caused lines to be cut off during printing.
- Improved support for the FreeMind 0.9 export format.
More Products to Consider
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- Clear duplicate contacts out of Address Book.
- Easy and free Personal todo list and shared task list for your ...
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Remember everything: easily store info in any environment.
- All-in-1 tool for tracking and analyzing your investments and t...
- Put a menu bar item to temporarily disable sleep and screen sav...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Sketchpad for sharing visual ideas.
- A goofy idea organizer and information manager.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Keyboard-based app launcher and search tool.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Put an animated picture from the "Ghost Forest" children's book...
- Calculate expressions.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content