From Kidasa Software:
Milestones Professional combines powerful project scheduling and tracking capabilities with ease-of-use. Quickly create presentation-ready schedules using the familiar click-drag-and-drop method. Extensively customize your chart with a wide array of symbols and connectors. Powerful features allow you to manage large projects, track figures, show results, and publish to the Internet. Easily import your MS Project schedule to Milestones. Present at-a-glance schedule reports with indicator symbols and percent complete pies. Apply color themes, outline level shading, and templates for instant formatting. Use OLE Automation to convert database information from Excel, Artemis, Access, and more, to presentation-quality schedules. Share schedules with colleagues who can use our free schedule Viewer; or just copy and paste schedules to PowerPoint, Word, or Excel for presentation or distribution. Create basic and complex Gantt charts and timelines, and track earned value. Version 2010 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 2010 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage, plan, and schedule any project in only 30 minutes.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Carry out your writing work while having access to multiple doc...
- Read and write data in different formats.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Plan and display projects using a PERT chart/Network Diagram.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Plan and display projects using a WBS chart.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Generate professional drill-down reports from various data sour...
- Convert CSV, TXT or Excel files to OFX format and import into M...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Design and print out full-colored flowcharts, floor plans, and ...
- Compare Microsoft Access databases and detect structural differ...
- Batch convert Powerpoint to PDF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF files without ...
- Plan and manage your projects.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Easy to learn & use for any project; charts look great!"
Version: Milestones Professional 2008
If you go through the simple tutorials in the help menu, it's easy to learn and you can see how it can be applied to any project. Very impressed by the help menu & flexibility of the tool. Presentation capability/chart output is the best I've seen!
Sometimes the menu choices are pretty extensive and it can be a bit overwhelming but that's more of a function of Microsoft Vista's layout, look and feel.
Take some time to go through the tutorials and you'll see that you can start using this software for all your projects (big and small). One of the central themes of Milestones Professional can be summed up by the old saying "A picture paints a thousand words." Milestones lets you visually communicate an incredible amount of project detail per page/slide. I found it very refreshing when I finished a 2 page schedule that would have been 5 or more pages using other tools. The developers also appear to stay right on target with Microsoft's roadmap as Milestones is compatible with Windows 7, works great with Microsoft Office (and WOW, outstanding interoperability with Microsoft Project). There are some really cool, well thought out features in this software. I'll highlight just a few of my favorites. Stoplight columns are great! It's basically a way to set up a column that displays a symbol or color (red, yellow, green, or customize it) for each of your tasks. Perfect way to get a quick glance on how each project task is going. It's also cool that you can merge multiple schedules into 1 master schedule. This is ideal for program managers reporting on multiple projects. I also REALLY like the capability to filter or sort my schedule by a symbol type. The schedule I made has a lot of different milestones and each symbol represents a key event. For example I used the red star to represent my team's design reviews. Cool that I can filter my entire schedule to quickly view all of my project tasks containing design reviews. Brilliant! I actually did this in a meeting on a big projector and everyone was impressed. My overall opinion is that Milestones Professional shines whether you need a quick way to produce presentation quality project schedules and timelines or to track, manage, and report on large enterprise wide projects. Quality product with excellent documentation and support!
"Great graphics, just what I was looking for"
Version: Milestones Professional 2006
Typical Windows install/uninstall. Lots of features, but easy to get used to the basics of the software. I was able to make a project report really quickly using just the basics and look forward to exploring the advanced features of the software.
Maybe the software has too many bells and whistles? It may take me a while to get to know all the ins and outs.
"Hard to use with little user support"
Version: Milestones Professional 1.0
Program runs a gem after download and installs in a number of languages.
Once yo turn on the program a wizard starts you off on your way to planing your project. It does not create time lines and I spent an hour trying to add start and finish times to project tasks - which is pretty essential if you ask me. The software is probably capable of doing these things but if you can't work out how to do them then it is really no good including such features.
After deciding that it was no good I was pleased to find that it does not come with an un-install.
Overall more hassle than it is worth. Hard to use with no user support. I shall in future stick to Microsoft Project.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: