From Mila NetWhistler:
Netwhistler is a easy-to-use network monitoring software that offers integrated fault and performance management functionality. This program auto-detects networks and presents them on graphical maps, which reflect up-to-the-minute device and host status. It includes powerful diagnostic tools including ping, main services (ftp, ssh, smtp, pop3, http) monitoring, email alerts, network discovery, SNMP tools (MIB browser and Trap Console for incoming SNMP traps from any SNMP-enabled device in the network ).
Version 2.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Identify and isolate network connectivity problems using TraceR...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Analyze and visualize cellular signals and networks made of cel...
- Calculate subnet mask and IP addresses with this Yahoo widget.
- Scan the Web content and local files.
- Set of network tools: PING, TRACE, WHOIS, etc.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very basic, but useful"
Version: Mila NetWhistler 2.6
The program mostly did a good job discovering network connected devices. If you are looking for a very quick and easy way to get an overview of a small network, this tool does very well.
The gui mapping tools are hardly worth mentioning. You can display IP address or DNS name, but not both - you have to mouse over the object to get more info. You can move and connect objects with a single line tool, but you can't select more than one object at a time. The only graphic you can add is a resizable text box, but you can't move it. Discovered 1 Catalyst switch, but not the other. Exports to MySQL, Mila, or PNG files only (no Visio). Not a useful tool for networks larger than a few nodes.