From Mila NetWhistler:
Netwhistler is a easy-to-use network monitoring software that offers integrated fault and performance management functionality. This program auto-detects networks and presents them on graphical maps, which reflect up-to-the-minute device and host status. It includes powerful diagnostic tools including ping, main services (ftp, ssh, smtp, pop3, http) monitoring, email alerts, network discovery, SNMP tools (MIB browser and Trap Console for incoming SNMP traps from any SNMP-enabled device in the network ).
Version 2.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Get system and network information about your PC.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Calculate subnet mask and IP addresses with this Yahoo widget.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor files within a specific directory and display a list of...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Configure and manage multiple desktops simultaneously.
- Create a .NET application that can interact with remote PCs.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Collect network inventory data and create customizable reports.
- Enumerate all shared disks found on your local network.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Discover, scan, and report vulnerability remediations in your n...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Monitor computer activities on your network.
- Ping all devices on your network even if they have a firewall.
- Host a TFTP server with virtual root directory on your desktop.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very basic, but useful"
Version: Mila NetWhistler 2.6
The program mostly did a good job discovering network connected devices. If you are looking for a very quick and easy way to get an overview of a small network, this tool does very well.
The gui mapping tools are hardly worth mentioning. You can display IP address or DNS name, but not both - you have to mouse over the object to get more info. You can move and connect objects with a single line tool, but you can't select more than one object at a time. The only graphic you can add is a resizable text box, but you can't move it. Discovered 1 Catalyst switch, but not the other. Exports to MySQL, Mila, or PNG files only (no Visio). Not a useful tool for networks larger than a few nodes.