From Mila NetWhistler:
Netwhistler is a easy-to-use network monitoring software that offers integrated fault and performance management functionality. This program auto-detects networks and presents them on graphical maps, which reflect up-to-the-minute device and host status. It includes powerful diagnostic tools including ping, main services (ftp, ssh, smtp, pop3, http) monitoring, email alerts, network discovery, SNMP tools (MIB browser and Trap Console for incoming SNMP traps from any SNMP-enabled device in the network ).
Version 2.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Calculate subnet mask and IP addresses with this Yahoo widget.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Monitor files within a specific directory and display a list of...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Configure and manage multiple desktops simultaneously.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Create a .NET application that can interact with remote PCs.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Play chess with an opponent over the Internet or on the local c...
- Enumerate all shared disks found on your local network.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Discover, scan, and report vulnerability remediations in your n...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Monitor computer activities on your network.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Ping all devices on your network even if they have a firewall.
- Host a TFTP server with virtual root directory on your desktop.
- Monitor and evaluate your Bluetooth network.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very basic, but useful"
Version: Mila NetWhistler 2.6
The program mostly did a good job discovering network connected devices. If you are looking for a very quick and easy way to get an overview of a small network, this tool does very well.
The gui mapping tools are hardly worth mentioning. You can display IP address or DNS name, but not both - you have to mouse over the object to get more info. You can move and connect objects with a single line tool, but you can't select more than one object at a time. The only graphic you can add is a resizable text box, but you can't move it. Discovered 1 Catalyst switch, but not the other. Exports to MySQL, Mila, or PNG files only (no Visio). Not a useful tool for networks larger than a few nodes.